Seven Seas Search Is Over

August 3rd, 2010 · 6 Comments

Kraft apparently has some new versions of their Seven Seas sub-brand on the shelves.

On a recent visit to Publix, we spied these new shelf entries for Seven Seas. The logo makes the familiar Kraft oval less prominent than the “Seven Seas” triangle. A fairly nice approach to preserving the legacy and goodwill of an old brand after a messy merger.

Seven Seas was once a separate company, part of Anderson Clayton Foods.

Read more about the history of packaged salad dressing in an earlier entry by BrandlandUSA guest columnist Dooney Tickner.

See Searching the Seven Seas

Goodbye To Postum and Derby Tamales
Mercury's Future, Waiting to Hear About Postum
General Foods Brand to Completely Disappear?
What's Wrong With Life Savers?
Warren: Let's Roll With Life Savers Manufacturing, Not Charity
The Krafty Treatment of Sanka, Hardly Worth Beans

Tags: Grocery

• 1 EC // Sep 14, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Just discovered your website, and I love it. I just wanted to say “Lucky You!” because you can find Seven Seas Green Goddess dressing at your regular grocery store. I can only get it at Wal-Mart in my area. There have been times I made a special trip just for this dressing, and it was completely sold out. I keep worrying that I’ve seen my last bottle.

• 2 Cecelia // Jan 11, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Does anyone remember a salad dressing that Kraft used to
    make back in the 70s and 80s? It was yellowish in color and creamy,
    but it was not the creamy Italian. At least I don’t think so. I’ve
    been wanting to remember it so that I can try to find it again. It
    has probably been discontinued, but it’s just been driving me nuts
    that I can’t think of what it was called. It tasted a little llike
    their Green Goddess.

• 3 John // Sep 8, 2013 at 7:25 pm

The Seven Seas glass bottle and logo from the 1960s and 70s were great looking. This new plastic piece of junk bottle from Kraft with a small nod to the vintage Seven Seas logo is not as stylish as the one from the 1960s and 70s. As of 2013, Kraft has further reduced the size of the words Seven Seas on the bottles. I suppose that eventually Kraft will just dispose of the words Seven Seas altogether. The destruction of another great old brand, Seven Seas.

• 4 Garland Pollard // Sep 18, 2013 at 7:14 pm

It is silly of them to waste it. Seven Seas was some great tasting stuff.

• 5 Bonnie May // Jun 8, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Does anyone remember California Onion Salad Dressing??? I think it was in a Seven Seas bottle…as a child I didn’t like onion…but I did LOVE this dressing on potatoes…

• 6 Marilyn Farrell // Aug 25, 2015 at 4:04 pm

I asked the internet to show me a picture of a bottle of Seven Seas Creamy Italian salad dressing. Era: 1960 to 1970’s. It disappeared many years ago. I can still remember the great flavor. Why do the mfg. Companies make a good product and then remove it forever. I miss it so much.