The Bumble Bee jingle has returned to cable networks. Founded in 1899, Bumble Bee has had a succession of owners, and they are finally doing national television again. The “I love Bumble Bee Bumble Bee Tuna” ad has been a constant through the history of television.
The company has had a succession of owners in less than a decade:
- 2000 Bumble Bee is acquired by Conagra Foods.
- 2003 Bumble Bee becomes Bumble Bee Seafoods LLC
- 2004 Bumble Bee Seafoods, LLC combines its business with Connors Bros. Income Fund
- 2005 Bumble Bee announces name change to Bumble Bee Foods, LLC to reflect its business encompassing seafoods and other meats categories. Connors Bros. acquires Castleberry/Snow’s and assets of Sara Lee Shelf-Stable Meats.
- 2008 Bumble Bee is acquired by Centre Partners, becoming a privately held U.S. company. Hannover Foods purchases Castleberry’s Food Company from Connors Bros.