Travel With Mothersill’s Travel Remedy

December 8th, 2009 · 9 Comments

Need to feel better when you travel?Mothersill’s Travel Remedy The name synonymous with seasickness was Mothersill’s, first registered as a trademark in 1926. Made by the Mothersill Remedy Company of Montreal and New York, it was first Mothersill’s Seasick Remedy.

Somehow, the brand’s marketing did not translate to the jet era, and the trademark went defunct in 1966.

Tags: Advertising · Health and Beauty

• 1 Ron Brand // Sep 19, 2011 at 5:14 am

Hi!

My last name is really ‘Brand’. But what I am really after is a specimen of Mothersill’s seasick remedy. For an exhibition on the three Dutch persons on board RMS Titanic I am lokking for a box or tube with Mothersill’s seasick pills dating from around 1912.

Can you help me?

Best wishes,
    Ron Brand
    Curator
    Maritime Museum Rotterdam

• 2 Garland Pollard // Sep 20, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Ron..good luck on finding the product…I wish I could remember where I found the ad…perhaps it was an old Cook’s guidebook.

• 3 Ron Brand // Sep 21, 2011 at 4:27 am

Dear Garland,

Thanks for your reaction. Several Mothersill’s advertisements can be found on the Internet. As Celine Dion sings ‘my heart will go on’ and my search for a 1912 box of Mothersill’s capsules will go on as well.

Kind regards, Ron Brand

• 4 Charles Hines // Mar 8, 2012 at 8:45 am

Thank you for the information about Mothersill. Mothersill kept me in pilot training in 1968. I bought it at a local drug store in Stallings, NC. My grand daughter has similar problems. Is there any way to purchase it today? Is there any way that the drug store in Stallings, NC would have that product because it was used in flight school?

Thank you for the article.
    Charles C. Hines

• 5 Jeremy // Apr 23, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I am unsure of the date of this product, however, I have pics and it was amongst some other 1900’s stuff. Mail me your email and I will send you pics.

• 6 Frank // Mar 21, 2016 at 1:37 pm

There is a working farm/museum in New York called MUSCOOT farm. In the farmhouse is a history of Mothersills seasick medicine, and there are likely some samples of the product there. Good Luck

• 7 vedarose // Mar 31, 2016 at 12:49 pm

I took Mother Sills Seasick Pills regularly as a child. I am 66 now. Wish I could discover what the ingredients were. They worked!

• 8 Denise // Feb 22, 2017 at 9:17 pm

I used to take them as a child because of motion sickness and I still suffer from it as an adult. I buy Meclazine tablets and they help me.

• 9 Kathy Garcia // Aug 13, 2017 at 2:50 pm

I have a box…complete with some capsules still in the box!