Bring Back Pacquin Hand Cream

January 29th, 2010 · 103 Comments

PacquinsOne of the BrandlandUSA readers asks to bring back Pacquin Hand Cream. It was one of the nation’s best known hand creams, for generations made by the Connecticut company Pacquin-Lester, later known as Leeming-Pacquin.

Leeming, of course, made Hai Karate, so it was sort of a wacky-hip company.

Currently, the trademark is owned by Johnson & Johnson, though not in production.

The brand was first used in commerce in or around 1921, according to the US Patent and Trademark office. In 1950, they came out with a Pacquin’s lotion.

In 1980, Pacquin with Aloe was registered by Pacquin-Lester Company Partnership composed of Joseph W. LesterJR. and Daniel B. Lester, trustees of a trust knownas Fund B, and Leroy Franz Jr. as the trustee of the Mary Louise Lester Clark Trust Partnership, 36 Carriage DR., Avon, Conn.Pacquins

Until 2006, it was owned by Pfizer, then sold to Johnson & Johnson. They apparently quit production; a large number of folks on Askville are concerned about it.

Nine Pharmaceutical Branding Tips from Robins
Sara Lee Doesn't Like Brylcreem?
Too Many Brand Extensions is MAALOX MOMENT!

Tags: Health

• 1 Brenda // Jul 23, 2010 at 12:44 am

I’m in shock! No more Pacquin Hand Cream. It’s the only hand cream I have ever used and I am 48 years old. My mother and grandmother used it – it’s the only hand cream ever in our houses. I don’t know what to do. The brand is non greasy, keeps your hands smooth and supple all day long, and keeps them protected during the winter. The brand also has a slight scent that is not overwhelming and doesn’t stick around which is very nice.

• 2 Peggy // Sep 11, 2010 at 10:48 am

I really miss Pacquin Hand Cream. It is the only cream that heals my cracked, dry hands in the winter.

• 3 Shirley Belt // Sep 18, 2010 at 10:41 pm

I used Pacquin for years and years it really works for dry and cracked skin. This is what happens when anything works they always take it off the market and discontinue the production. I know there are thousands and thousands of consumers out there that would like to see some things the same like our hand cream, not the new cream that doesn’t work and the scent is so bad you cannot smell anything but the hand cream.

Pacquins was not like that. I am sure that us older folks would like to keep things that really work. I am really disappointed with Johnson and Johnson (who are supposed to be a family brand) that they do not keep the older people in mind when it come to its products. The problem is that some of the new hand products do not do what they claim to do for all people that use it. All people are different what works on some will not work on others.

I loved Pacquin hand cream and miss the product.

• 4 Nancy Tilman // Sep 30, 2010 at 12:43 am

I WANT MY PACQUIN’S. It’s all I’ve ever used.
    3 generations of my family have used it. There’s no substitute for it!!!

• 5 Diane Marshall // Oct 2, 2010 at 5:49 am

I am on my last jar of Pacquin Plus without aloe. My sister and I have used this hand cream for years, since we were teenagers. I have friends that want it. There is no substitute for this hand cream!!! Pls bring it back.

• 6 marilyn German // Oct 8, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Please find someone who is still making this cream!! I have tried substitutes for years and all the others are awful. Can’t someone help?? Marilyn

• 7 Mindy Shelton // Nov 23, 2010 at 10:07 pm

I am not buying another Johnson & Johnson product until Pacquin’s Plus is brought back!

• 8 Jean Cooper // Nov 25, 2010 at 9:45 am

I had used Pacquin’s since I was a child and am now 79 years of age. I cannot find anything that really helps my hands or face and wish, wish, that it would be brought back so that my skin would feel like it used to.

• 9 Jean // Nov 25, 2010 at 9:51 am

I wish Pacquin’s Hand Cream would be brought back

• 10 Adrienne Richardson // Dec 8, 2010 at 11:55 am

PLEASE bring back Pacquins Medicated Hand Cream (purple lid and logo)! I join all of the above who have said it well for me ~ a favorite for over 60 years since I was 12 years old, through rearing 3 children, and now, with a bit more time, through long days of gardening, too.

• 11 Zoe Morris // Dec 15, 2010 at 3:01 pm

YES ! YES ! Bring back Pacuins Medicated
    hand cream. Absolutely, nothing else compares.

• 12 sharon // Dec 18, 2010 at 1:42 pm

why dont you carry pacquin hand cream the purple label in any store

• 13 Paula // Dec 19, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Like all those above, my family has used the medicated pacquin, purple lid, for years. I can’t believe it has been taken out of production. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

• 14 Janice // Dec 22, 2010 at 3:35 pm

PLEASE bring back Pacuins hand cream… it can’t be beat !!

• 15 Joanne // Dec 23, 2010 at 5:33 pm

I’m 69 years old and have used pacquins all my life. Please bring it back. Why is it when something is good they take it off the market and when it’s bad it’s there forever. I love pacquins

• 16 Harlan G. Sadler // Dec 26, 2010 at 8:59 pm

My mother used Pacquins hand cream back in the 1930’s and taught me to use in the the 1940’s when I began having trouble with dry hands. My wife and I were married on December 22, 1962, and I taught her to use it. We, also, trained our children to use it. We finished using our last bottle about a year ago and have not been able to find it since about 2 or 3 years ago. We are very disappointed that Johnson and Johnson, a supposedly family oriented company, would discontinue production of the BEST family hand cream that has every been produced. It is a non-greasy, pleasant fragrance of short duration whose medicinal effects last for hours, unless washed off.

Johnson and Johnson, please bring back into production Pacquins Plus and the other types of Pacquins hand cream. I am 72 years old, and have used it all of my life.

• 17 Janet // Dec 29, 2010 at 7:52 am

Please bring back Pacquins hand cream, it is all I used for years and years and I miss it.

• 18 Jo Hamilton // Jan 26, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Nothing compares to the gentle fragrance of pacquins. I miss that smell so much. It was a top quality product that got no publicity or promotion, thus it went unnoticed by many. As a result, J & J pitched it out. What a shame. It was the best.

• 19 Neal // Jan 27, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Hello Paquin’s lovers. There must be dozens of skin care, cosmetics companies and personal hygiene firms that would consider buying the Paquin’s brand from J & J and it’s formulation. Would you consider a letter writing campaign to potential new manufacturers of your favorite product?
    Here’s a few to start with…

Be curious, creative and persistant and you may get your favorite brands back with a legacy brand that can help a smaller firm become larger.

• 20 Eve // Jan 28, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I’ve used Pacquin’s for years as did my Mom before me, and I am 76 years young. This is the only cream that healed and softened my hands. I have tried other hand creams, but none of them are as good a Pacquins. Bring it back.

• 21 Vincent T. Oddo // Jan 29, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Another possibility: Ultimark Products (ultimarkproducts.com). Considering what they’ve been doing for Prell shampoo, they can probably do the same for Pacquin hand cream.

• 22 sally bean // Feb 14, 2011 at 8:44 am

please bring back this GREAT PRODUCT–PACQUINS HAND CREAM!! something this good should never be discontinued. we deserve an answer as to why we can no longer get it. you should listen to your customers who loved this cream for so many years. my mother used it too and she loved it. PLEASE RECONSIDER BRINGING IT BACK AND MAKE THOUSANDS OF USERS HAPPY AGAIN.

sincerely,
    sally bean

• 23 Eunice Moyer // Feb 20, 2011 at 10:57 am

My grandmother used nothing but Pacquin on her face. I have been trying to find it but have had limited success. Based on the other comments I think our grandmothers were on to something. Please bring back the tried and true cream.

• 24 Marg Doning // Feb 22, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Pleaase, please bring Paquin’s back. I’m on my last jar and dread the day it’s gone. I’ve been using it for 60 years and it can’tbe beat!

• 25 Jennifer // Feb 22, 2011 at 4:18 pm

My mother used Paquins on her cracked fingers every winter and swears by it. What happened to such a useful product Johnson & Johnson? If it ain’t broke….don’t try to fix it!!

• 26 R. Fritts // Mar 3, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I just found out that I can no longer get Pacquin’s. Now what do we do. Is there another product that is as good or must we just dry up and blow away???

• 27 Cheryl // Mar 15, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Like all the others here, pacquin plus with aloe was all we used for years and years. I cannot believe we cannot get it anymore!!!

• 28 Victoria // Mar 21, 2011 at 6:10 pm

This is the best there was and why would you discontinue a product that didn’t stay on the shelves cause it was so popular. what a loss!

• 29 Lane // Apr 3, 2011 at 7:57 am

I just finished my last jar of Pacquins (I used to hoard it because it would disappear from the store shelves). I’ve used Pacquins all my life–it’s absolutely the only hand cream that really worked. I’m devastated that Johnson and Johnson discontinued the item.

• 30 s. phillips // May 1, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Iam lost without pacquins. Has anybody found a product close to it.

• 31 Cynthia // May 3, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I, too, have used Pacquin for years. My mom always used it and I began using it as a teenager (I am now 52). I used to purchase several jars from Pfizer and I am on my last jar. I was cursed with my father’s dry hands and I must put cream on my hands every time I wash them or items will slip from my hands. Pacquin was a life saver!

Although not quite as good as Pacquin (I really loved the original formula with lanolin), Curel original formula does a pretty good job. It is not greasy and has a pleasant scent (not too strong). Try it. I keep some next to every sink in my house.

• 32 Cindy // May 15, 2011 at 9:13 am

This is terrible!! I have used Pacquin hand cream since I was a child. There is not a product on the market that comes close to Pacquin. This was a bad decision on J & J part to discontinue this product!.

• 33 Rena // May 15, 2011 at 10:14 am

I am so sad, reading all these testimonies and feeling the pain with them. For years this product was in the family, my mother of 72 yrs of age is devasted having my sister and me searching the entire internet for this beautiful cream. She will not use any other product..because none compare to the non greasy silkyness!!! My sister and I have used it always since mom had it always in the home, my children were using it as well…PLEASE BRING IT BACK J&J!!!! or PFIZER !!!!!

• 34 Marilyn // May 22, 2011 at 12:22 am

I too cannot understand why this Paquin hand cream was discontinued. I’m 51 and started using it as a teenager. I know it sold well as many times my drug store and grocery store would be out of it. I love the way it made my hands feel without making them greasy. And I also liked the light fragrance. There are a lot of new and fancy hand creams but none like Paquin which was always a staple in my house.

• 35 Chris // May 26, 2011 at 7:38 am

Bring back Paquin hand cream please!!

• 36 Cloudy // May 26, 2011 at 10:21 am

Please bring back Pacquin Hand Cream! I know they need to appeal to a younger audience, but darn it, I have at least another 30 years to live, and I can’t stand my hands, and I can’t stand the other products that I have tried! I will not buy a J&J product again until they bring back Pacquin!!!!!!

• 37 Sassy // May 26, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Anyone know how to find out if Johnson and Johnson still owns the patent on the formula for Pacquin? Johnson and Johnson will not bring Pacquin back because they have to many other hand creams and lotions on the market. None of them are as good but they don’t care. There are thousands of us out here wanting and needing Pacquin hand cream we just need to know if we can get the formula and find another company that would be willing to make it and sell it on line. I know the price in stores was about $6 or $7 for an 8 ounce jar but I would think nothing of paying $20 for a jar of real pacquin plus hand cream if it was readily available.

• 38 Sassy // May 30, 2011 at 7:14 pm

There is a discussion over on Amazon.com discussing how to get Johnson and Johnson to bring Pacquin back or maybe release the patent, formula and trademark to another company that would produce it the link to the discussion is http://www.amazon.com/forum/pacquins%20hand%20cream/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg12?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxBGF1HTZZ4DAQ&cdPage=12&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3H0UZ1VVEFBF2.
    Also there is a petition to sign that goes to Johnson and Johnson asking them to consider bringing Pacquin back. The link to the petition is http://citizenspeak.org/node/1489 Please go their and sign it we need as much help as possible.

• 39 L Sue Gilmore // Jun 11, 2011 at 6:26 am

Pacquins Plus Hand cream is not like any other cream. I’m unable to find any that matches this. Bring it back, please, Johnson & Johnson. The hand cream leaves no oiliness or any residue — it does it’s job and your hands and skin continue to feel natural and no longer dry, without any residue. You’ve made a mistake and it’s time to correct it and bring it back OR sell it to another company to put it on the market. Please! I’m 73 and have used it since of age 18 living in Waterford, Connecticut, near Pfizers, who used to make this cream. Bring it back!

• 40 Tena // Jun 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Please have someone produce this most wonderful hand cream again. It’s a wonder and healing to my hands. Why in the world is it off the market now? Nothing compares to it.

• 41 Dorothy M. Curtis // Jun 24, 2011 at 10:49 am

I have used Pacquin’s hand cream for over 50 years and am on the last jar of the last crate I was able to buy. Everyone I ever recommended it to also became users over the years. What a poor marketing move by Johnson and Johnson to discontinue this terrific product. Please reinstate this product – or honestly explain to the public why you discontinued producing it.

• 42 Mike Bell // Oct 1, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Again large corporations (like J &J) acquire other profitable ones (like Pfizer) and discontinue product lines that don’t fill their greedy coffers fast enough. Such was the fate of the Pacquins product. The product was a life saver for many of us with severe skin problems. Although I can’t convince them to restore production of Pacquins, I can discontinue purchasing of all J&J products in protest. We all should send a similar message. Bye bye J&J.

• 43 donna capezza // Oct 25, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Please Please Please johnson and johnson, bring back paquins medicated hand cream i used it 45 years it was the only thing that cured the exczema on my hands now i suffer with cracked peeling skin or can you recommend something that is equal to it

• 44 Alice // Oct 27, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Please Please bring back Paquin medicated hand cream it is the only hand cream that works. I used it for years. There is no other hand cream that leaves your hands feeling as good as Paquinsmedicated hand cream.

• 45 Shirley // Nov 4, 2011 at 6:37 am

I went looking for another jar or Pacquin hand cream and could not find it. Then I find that it is no longer in production. If Johnson & Johnson really wants to help our skin and have a best-seller for the body, they will bring Pacquin back. That pink and green jar labeled “Pacquin Plus with Aloe Skin Cream” was a highly sought after landmark in our family. Hopefully, Johnson & Johnson bought the recipe and the right to make it. If not, they have made a horrible mistake. BRING PACQUIN BACK! ! !

• 46 Shirley // Nov 4, 2011 at 6:44 am

I went looking for Pacquin today and was unable to find it only to find that it is no longer in production. If Johnson & Johnson want a best-seller body and all-around cream they will start production. Hopefully when they bought the company, they bought the Pacquin Skin Cream recipe and the right to produce and sell it. If they didn’t, they have made a horrible mistake. Pacquin is the best product I have found… I am 70 years old and my sister is 94. All of us were ultra satisfied users of the Pacquin products. BRING PACQUIN BACK!!!!

• 47 Loretta Gunter // Nov 15, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Please bring back Pacquin hand creme. Can you even suggest something much like it?

Loretta

• 48 Troy // Nov 26, 2011 at 12:24 pm

We have several people in our family that used Paquin, as of date we have not found a product that can compare. Why stop making a great product??

• 49 PB Williams // Nov 26, 2011 at 8:03 pm

It would be helpful if folks would list here the brands they TRIED that were poor substitutes for Pacquins w/ Aloe. Then we could stop wasting our $$ on expensive creams that can’t compare to the old Pacquins formula. I’ll start: NIVEA: hideous, feels like white paste, AVEENO: a tolerable substitute, but lacks the rich texture & pleasant fragrence.

• 50 Sue // Dec 6, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I am devasted that I can no longer purchase Pacquin Medicated hand cream. Living in a cold, dry climate dries my skin so bad that it cracks. I have tried so many different brands trying to find a comparison but have had no luck. I hope that the manufacturer gets the message that we want Pacquin back!

• 51 Rhonda // Dec 10, 2011 at 8:38 pm

My Mother and Grandmother (94) have always used Pacquins hand cream. When they could no longer buy it locally, I was able to keep them stocked via the internet. Now I have to be the bearer of bad news….

• 52 Sue // Dec 15, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I am using the last of many jars of Pacquins that I bought (large supply, as my local stores didn’t carry it, so it was special ordered). I have been trying to find it for sale, and just learned it isn’t made any more. HELP! This is the only hand cream that works for me. I am a pianist, and need this hand cream. Without it my hands get dry and chapped, and the skin cracks around my nails. Anybody have a good substitute?

• 53 Jane // Dec 17, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I hadn’t a clue when I happened into a thrift shop today and found a 8 oz. jar of Pacquin Plus with Aloe Skin Cream for $2.50 that it was a wonderful deal. I loved the “Vintage” look of the jar, opened it up and took a whiff of the pink cream. What a wonderful aroma! So I bought it, and of course looked up on the internet how old this may be, debating whether or not I should use it. Holy Toledo! I wasn’t expecting to see soooo many testimonies, and broken hearts! I thought, “This must be one heckuva product”. I tried it on my hands. It is non-greasy, absorbs nicely, feels like you have custom-made silk gloves on once absorbed.

• 54 Vickie Miller // Dec 22, 2011 at 4:03 am

Just ran out of my last bit of Pacquins Plus and am flaborghasted that it is no longer being made! What is going on that such a product could be lost to us! Wake up Johnson & Johnson, there’s a demand now where is the supply? Thought you were actually a caring, family oriented company! We want our Pacquins back!

• 55 Karen Loeffler // Dec 31, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I have been looking for Pauquin’s in the stores and did not realize it was out of production. It is the BEST medicated hand and body cream out there. Please bring the original back. It works!!!

• 56 Doris Harding // Jan 11, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Am so saddened to learn that Johnson & Johnson are no longer making Pacquins Hand Cream. I have used it for most of my 68 years, and it is the ONLY thing I have ever found on the market that heals my wintertime chapped and cracked hands.

• 57 Lee Ann Lonchar // Jan 14, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I miss my mother very much and she used Pacquins Hand Cream all the time. I thought I would buy some so I could in some way bring back my Mother but was very upset to find out that Pacquins has been discontinued !! What were they thinking?! Bring it back – PLEASE!!

• 58 Leanne // Jan 15, 2012 at 7:19 pm

WE NEED

• 59 Diana Browning // Jan 25, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I’m 63, my mother used Pacquins hand cream for years while i was growing up and i’ve been using it ever since, until i couldn’t find it anymore. i recently discovered a jar in my trailer and was using that until i visited my son who desperately needed it for his badly cracked dry hands. i gave it to him. Oh, please Johnson & Johnson give the patent to someone willing to produce it again. funny how when a product is inexpensive, really works and lasts a long time, someone comes along and pulls the plug on it.

• 60 Lois Smith // Feb 23, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Pacquins hand cream is the only hand cream that I can use on my hands. Everything else I have tried stays on the top layer and doesn’t penetrate. PLEASE bring this back!!!

• 61 Johanna Young // Mar 21, 2012 at 1:25 pm

PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!!! I have not found anything that works as well as this does!!!

• 62 Grace Gonsalves // Mar 28, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I am the youngest of 5 girls and we all used Pacquins for years. Nothing works as well. Wish we could still buy it! Please bring our favorite back.

• 63 PAT FARRELL // Mar 29, 2012 at 11:18 am

Been trying to get some Paquins hand cream, understand that Johnson & Johnson used to make it, it was excellant for my hands in winter,
    would love to be able to get it again, sick and tired of the ones on sale, none of them work and all are really greasy.

• 64 deb davidson // Mar 29, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I join everyone else in asking that Pacquins be brought back. I’m tired of wasting money on products that are overpriced and don’t work. J&J products are among the worst.

• 65 barbara norton // Apr 11, 2012 at 7:07 pm

WOW! I only recently discovered Pacquins at my mother’s house. She said that she and her mother used nothing but for dry, rough hands that did not leave sticky residue on handiwork. She only has the current jar left, so I thought I would get US some more. Much to my disappointment, I haven’t found any! Now I read up to find it is no longer being made and the only sale on eBay wants $100.00! Please add my request to manufacture it again! I’ve used nothing else that even comes close to Pacquins!

• 66 Marie Davis // Apr 15, 2012 at 11:53 am

I too share all your feelings about no more Pacquins Plus. Recently in my search for a close sub I came across a note stating “Herbacin Kamille + Glycerin” was similar. I’m willing to try it. Order on line, Wallgreens

• 67 Teresa // Apr 26, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I use to buy Pacquin Plus with Aloe by the case to share with friends and family. Everyone I gave it to was instantly hooked! This skin cream was great for general skin (face, hands, elbows, legs) and was the most wonderful thing to use on sunburns. It went on and made your skin feel instantly smooth and soft! Nothing was better for your skin. I have tried everything!!! Nothing else compares! Why would Johnson and Johnson stop making the most awesome cream on the market. A little advertising on their part and they could have cornered the skin care market!!!!! Every person that I gave it to was a willing customer! Johnson & Johnson could have sold it for $20.00 a jar and we would have bought it!!! Our stock pile is finally gone – it is so sad! Please bring Pacquin Plus with Aloe back.

• 68 Kay // May 2, 2012 at 6:57 am

I can’t believe Johnson & Johnson doesn’t realize the market that is out there for this product. I used Pacquins Plus for over 50 years and it is the only hand cream that has ever worked for me. I continue to try to find something else that I can learn to like, but it just isn’t out there. Why would a company buy the rights to a product and then discontinue it? J&J please bring this product back!

• 69 Kris // May 13, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I still have 9 jars of pacquins left. I hide the jar and I’m the only one to use it. I use to use it throughout the day, but now I only lather it on at night. I would love to know who to contact at Johnson & Johnson about the popularity and level of degrees that it works on healing dried cracked skin. I justed loved it. Also, I’m the 3rd generation to use this product.

• 70 Martha // May 23, 2012 at 9:23 pm

My Mother used Pacquins and I followed her lead. Love this wonderful hand cream (w/aloe did not do as well ). J & J please consider making this great product again.

Thanks.

• 71 Beverly // Jun 2, 2012 at 9:01 pm

My mother used only Pacquin. Pacquin was in my life until it was no longer available. Also, my husband used it all our married lives — fifty years! I could put it on my hands and then quilt. Wonderful! It didn’t stink. Wonderful! I’ve wasted so much money on inferior lotions/ cremes, only to give them away or throw them in the garbage. There is no substitute. I wish I knew how to make my own! Beverly

• 72 Alice // Jun 12, 2012 at 11:54 am

I miss Pacquin Medicated Hand Cream so much. It was the only cream to heal my dry, cracked hands and the only one my children were raised to use (it worked on their excema when perscriptions did not). I just used my last jar. Please bring it back!

• 73 michelle Murphy // Jun 15, 2012 at 11:16 pm

There may be a substitute!!! I am also a very long time user of paquin’s….and am saddened that I can no longer find it. I stumbled upon a product called Udder Smooth. It comes in a large plastic jar and lo and behold, smells and feels exactly like Paquin’s. I picked it up at Walmart for around $4.00 and they have a website as well. It is non greasy and does an excellent job with very very dry skin. I’m sad to have to change products…but what other choice do I have? Give it a try.

• 74 Garland Pollard // Jun 22, 2012 at 7:55 pm

thanks so much for this idea… I am sure readers will try it.

• 75 Linda // Jun 25, 2012 at 10:10 am

I’ve been searching everywhere for Pacquin’s Hand cream for my 85 year old mom who has used it for years. She’s told me several times lately that she’s been out of it for a long time and wants more. We had no idea it had been discontinued. Cannot believe there are people on ebay and elsewhere selling whatever they’ve found or kept and not used (some say “used jar”) and are selling for $79.95!!! PLEASE J&J BRING BACK PACQUIN’S! Why discontinue the best hand cream on the market, people?!

• 76 Bobbi Ladd // Jul 3, 2012 at 8:38 am

Paquins Medicated IN the purple Jar was wonderful. The light fresh secent of lilac was great. I cannot understand why this product was discontinued AND I certainly do not understand WHY it was NEVER advertised. I guess they were too busy pushing ads with anorexic models and scaly alligators for a lotion in a pump bottle

• 77 Lisa // Jul 20, 2012 at 10:40 am

I am now on my last jar of Pacquins and am saddened to find out it has been discontinued!!! This is by far the best lotion I have found and used in the last 20 years. Before pfizer sold this product out I bought a huge supply and now I’m almost out. PLEASE get this product back in production!!

• 78 D Yorba // Aug 6, 2012 at 9:24 pm

My mom has used Pacquin with the purple lid for 70 yea rs and she wold buy it in a minute if Johnson & Johnson would either bring it back or sell the brand to a company who will! Please please please bring it back!

• 79 S Dixon // Aug 11, 2012 at 10:18 am

I first tried Pacquin’s at my mother-in-law’s home (over 45 years ago) and have used it ever since. I am devastated that it has been discontinued and have tried all sorts of possible replacements, but none measure up – not even close! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

• 80 Carolyn // Aug 21, 2012 at 2:09 am

Please bring back Pacquin Hand Cream I haven’t found anything comporable to it and my hands are suffering. Thank You

• 81 Patty C // Aug 21, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I, too, had used Pacquins since I was 12 years old! Got the good habit from my mom who used it all of her married life. She’s now gone and I’m 71 and I miss my Pacquins & mom. I’ve tried so many different brands and I can’t even get one to come close to Pacquins. PLEASE BRING PACQUINS BACK….SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!

• 82 Kate // Sep 1, 2012 at 2:06 am

I loved Paquins, too. Try the Camille Beckman products.Available in many local gift shops or online.More scents than Paquins, but similar glycerin formula. It really absorbs quickly and leaves your hands soft for hours.

• 83 Linda // Sep 5, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Pacquins dry skin hand cream was truely unique and special among all of the other hand cream products. In 40 years of trying others from time to time, I’ve never found one that comes close to doing such a wonderful job. I don’t know what went into their formula, but someone should re-think discontinuing this product. Everyone with dry skin problems and who has tried the Paquins dry skin cream agrees with me! Please bring back my beloved Paquins Dry Skin Cream!

• 84 Nadine // Oct 9, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Please bring back PACQUINS hand cream my family and extended family used this. No where to be found.

• 85 Martha Lindner // Oct 29, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I just logged in to order Pacquins hand cream and just can’t believe that it has been discontinued. My mother introduced it to me when I was very young, and I have never found another hand cream that so thoroughly softened my hands without leaving even a touch of greasy residue. I’m down to my last few applications and don’t know what I’ll do without it. Please consider bringing it back.

• 86 Patsy Stover // Nov 1, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Pacquin Plus was the best hand cream ever. It was also the best product to use on burns. When I got a very bad burn on my arm, the Dr.s said I would have a bad scar my mom gave me Pacquin Plus to use. It stopped the pain when seconds & there is no scar at all. Please bring it back

• 87 Barbara Mabry // Nov 1, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Hello, I am leaving this message so that someone might see yet another one of us who are absolutely LOST without Pacquins Hand Cream. I have used it for years and years, my mother used it and my grandmother used it. PLEASE someone needs to make this again and offer it to the public!!! People who are offering older jars are selling them on EBay for over $100 because they are so highly sought after. IF there is anything I can do to get this back on the market, please let me know. Thank you for your time!

• 88 Marge // Nov 2, 2012 at 10:40 am

There just is NO substitute for Pacquins Hand Cream. I’m in my late 70s and the 3rd generation to use this wonderful cure all for split fingers, rough hands even a nasty and fairly deep cut on the hand. We NEED to see this back on the shelves as it once was. Johnson & Johnson if you believe it won’t sell just put it out there and be proven wrong.

• 89 Donna Cohen // Nov 6, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Ditto to all the above!

• 90 Edith Smith // Nov 10, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Johnson & Johnson,

It would be my desire to purchase two cases of Pacquins…. Please consider manufacturing it…
    You already have the following and nothing to lose. Thanks!

• 91 Ann Marie // Nov 25, 2012 at 1:12 pm

When this many people seek out sites like this in search of information on a product that they loved, that was taken off the market, isn’t that proof enough that it was a HUGE mistake that it WAS removed from the market?! I would think so! Whomever the powers that be are, please bring Pacquin’s hand cream back to it’s loyal customers!

• 92 Patricia Pacquin // Dec 29, 2012 at 11:11 am

The best!

• 93 mary ann // Jan 5, 2013 at 7:13 am

im 68 years old ive been lost without pacquins best hand cream around havent found any thing as good as it.im now using silcone glove put out by avon.wish you would bring back pacquins

• 94 Sandy // Mar 4, 2013 at 10:57 am

I am 72 years old and have used Pacquin’s my whole life. I’ve shared the product with family and friends and every one of them have asked where to purchase it. Once you’ve tried it, you’re hooked. It’s really that good and I sincerely hope someone starts making it again.

• 95 Jan G. // May 16, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Please, please bring back Pacquins! My mom and I loved it and have used it for years!

• 96 Connie // Jun 3, 2013 at 1:40 pm

From my mother’s generation into mine Pacquin’s hand cream was the only brand we used. It was effective and I am very disappointed that it is no longer available.

• 97 Dawn // Jun 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm

HELP – please bring Pacquin’s w/ Aloe back – it was the best…

• 98 Katie // Aug 6, 2013 at 6:17 pm

I used Pacquin on my face when I was in the 20’s and I am convinced it’s how I have stayed looking so young. I was a TV reporter and I am now about to turn 50. Please bring it back. Only product that really deeply moisturized my skin!! Now people are selling it for $80 on Ebay. J&J needs to bring this one back!!

• 99 Anne // Nov 10, 2013 at 9:40 am

Pacquin’s was the best skin cream! Unfortunately for me I discovered it shortly before it was discontinued so I only got to use 3-4 tubs of it. I thought I’d finally found the best cream and the bonus was it wasn’t very expensive. Then it was gone. So disappointing! I’ve been searching for 3 years for a replacement for it w/ no luck. I really wish they’d bring it back!

• 100 Garland Pollard // Nov 10, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Here at brandlandusa, we are still looking for a good replacement or are wishing someone could send us the basics about the formula.

• 101 Allison Southerland // Dec 4, 2013 at 5:18 am

I’ve had horrible chapped hands in cold weather all my life! My first memory was of Paquins lotion was when when I was about 8 yrs. old and I got my own bottle for Christmas! It was like Heaven on my poor little hands! Everyone is right when they say its an amazing lotion. No strong smell and it just makes your hands feel so smooth and if you’ve ever suffered with dry, chapped skin, you know the relief I’m talking about. Please bring our Paquins back to us!

• 102 Rhonda // Jun 25, 2014 at 12:35 pm

I remember using Pacquin Cream when growing up. It worked wonders on wind chapped skin after spending a weekend on the Oregon Coast. As a young adult I lived in Arizona and never really thought about what type of moistuerizer I used. I made a trip across the border to Mexico and whoa & behold, a pharmacy there had the little pink & white 8 oz. jar with the pink lid! I was so excited! I bought several jars and gave them as Mother’s Day Gifts. Some of the ladies had never even heard of Pacquin’s. Anyway, I looked for more and was very distraught to learn Pacquin was no longer in production. Sad, sad, sad.

• 103 Beth // Nov 22, 2014 at 9:51 am

This was the absolute best hand cream I ever used. I wish they would bring it back. Everything I buy now seems like a waste of money.