Serv-Agen Makes Some Serv-A-Gravy

May 8th, 2008 · 19 Comments

While big brands have taken over most grocery shelves, there are some classics that still manage to make it on major grocery store shelves.

Take the case of Serv-A-Gravy, a product of the Serv-Agen Corporation of Cherry Hill, N.J. Made right outside of Camden and Philadelphia, it’s proof that the independent brand and company still has a place in the nation’s food chain, all at 1200 S. Union Avenue. It reminds us of that great time when New Jersey was like China, and they made all sorts of cool things there. Especially things like Serv-A-Gravy, with a chef on the front!

There isn’t much information on Serv-Agen or Serv-A-Gravy on the web, except we could find out that the company except that their website says that: “Serv-Agen has been serving Cherry Hill, New Jersey and the surrounding areas since 1936. Through our quality products, attention to detail and prompt service, we have built a solid reputation of customer satisfaction.”

It’s made of simple ingredients, including flour, salt, caramel color, corn protein, onion and celery power and other spices.

BrandlandUSA Rule

There is room for niche brands and niche companies. While it is hard to get on the shelves at Wal-Mart and Target, many grocery store managers at traditional supermarkets have leeway in what brands they can stock in their stores, if there is sufficient demand. Small niche brands with no advertising and promotion still have a chance if they have loyal audiences.

Editor’s Note, as of May 14, 2010: The most recent number we have is  856-685-7946.

Thinking About Congoleum and Linoleum
Need Some Hollingshead Wax for That Olds Cutlass?
Serv-a-Gravy Found! Plus a Bit of History
History of Lem Pie Filling and Pudding

Tags: Grocery

• 1 gingersnap* // Jul 18, 2008 at 11:05 am

After finding your site and the contact info for Serv-Agen, I just got off the phone from their corporate offices. AWESOME people to deal with. Since I cannot find their product near me (I live in north central Florida)they are willing to ship to me. I wish I had known this sooner!! I have traveled literally a couple of hundred miles looking for these gravy mixes. They come in 5 flavors: beef, beef with onion, chicken, turkey and mushroom. By the time I’m through, we will be swimming in gravy!! Happy, happy, happy!

• 2 marge burkhart // May 1, 2009 at 7:11 am

im wondering if u still distribute LEM having a hard time finding it

• 3 Evelyn Garzone // May 13, 2009 at 8:19 am

I tried to call the number listed below, and a message comes on no longer in service..
    I purchased serv a gravy and only received two (2) envelopes not 3

• 4 Garland Pollard // Jul 29, 2009 at 2:41 pm

I have a call from a user who cannot reach their telephone number. Does anyone know how to contact Serv-Agen? If so, please leave a comment after this one as to the correct telephone number.

Fans want to know!

• 5 Judy Kaufman // Sep 23, 2009 at 11:17 pm

Where can I buy your Serv-a-gravy (pareve) in the Chesterfield (St. Louis), Mo. area? Thank you.

• 6 Grocery Brands and Products Our Readers Miss | BrandlandUSA // Sep 24, 2009 at 6:56 am

[…] Serv-a-Gravy. It’s a powdered gravy sold by Serv-Agen. Some have found it hard to locate on shelves. […]

• 7 Muriel Barrette // Oct 29, 2009 at 9:46 am

For years my Mother and I have been using this gravy mix, now all of a sudden, I cannot locate it at the markets that I would purchase it from. HELP!!!!!!!! We love this gravy and Thanksgiving is coming soon. We need turkey gravy mix as well as some of the other flavors. Where can we get the mixes?

• 8 Garland Pollard // Nov 13, 2009 at 8:06 pm

We have heard from a number of readers who are still looking for the gravy. If anyone knows of a store that carries the gravy, please email and help these readers out.

• 9 Wesley Larson // Jan 25, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Does anyone have a telephone number or a e-mail address or a street address and a POBox address for serv-a-gravy thank you.

• 10 Garland Pollard // Feb 22, 2010 at 1:16 pm

We just heard from the company, and will soon get an item up about the brand, and Lem pie filling.

• 11 Peg Haines // Apr 13, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I am complaining about Lem pie filling. Twice it was rancid,had a bad taste. Will you please put a date on the box.

• 12 Betty Mahon // Apr 27, 2010 at 8:53 pm

We received your gravy at our local food pantry and it has no expiration date on it. How can we tell if it has expired? UPC: 0-70092-02900-5, Code: 9092006, 9308014. Please help me. We really need the food at our pantry, and we sure could use the gravy for our guests. Thank you, Betty Mahon

• 13 L. Jensen // Nov 22, 2010 at 11:30 pm

LEM Pie filling is made by Serv-Agen Corporation.
    The Morrison Division
    1200 S. Union Avenue
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
    (856) – 685 – 7946
    I have been looking for this in my local stores and have not been able to find it. I happen to have a box in my pantry, and this was the information for the company. I found the correct telephone number for company here, online. They have a answering machine for after hours where you can leave your information and hopefully they will return your call. From what I understand, they will ship their products directly to you. That is what I gathered from other people who have left comments about their products. Good Luck! 🙂

• 14 Grateful Child // Dec 10, 2010 at 10:29 am

These are the best gravies on the planet, …and vegetarian. They stopped carrying it in our local supermarkets. I still have a couple of boxes left and was starting to panic, but finding this message board was of great help. Thanks so much everyone for your help

• 15 mary lou scherer // Jul 4, 2011 at 8:04 am

help!!!!!!I have searched every where in s.w.Florida for Lem & serv-a-gravy to no avail….I am 70 yrs old and have used them all my life like my mother before me..please let me know how I can obtain them,short of going back to N. J.
    desperate in S.W. florida

• 16 Doris Dorell // Sep 3, 2011 at 11:30 am

I have’nt been able to find serv a gravy since our Super Market closed in Mildord. Can you tell me of another store we can find it Thank You

• 17 sandy cear // Jul 13, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I buy serv-a-gravy (brown gravy mix) up north when we visit and can’t find it in Florida. It is the best and I use a lot of it. Where do I buy it or how do I order it on line?
    Please advise – I’m using the last pack today. I live in Boynton Beach Florida 33437

• 18 Marie Farley // Aug 14, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Can I order direct on line

• 19 Denise // Sep 27, 2017 at 1:56 pm

I am wondering if you will ever be bringing back LEM pie filling. It is the best and nothing else comes close. I am sad I will not be able to make pies this holiday season with it