A roundup of the day’s branding headlines.
The most fascinating? Almost half of all chief marketing officers believe their agency is a waste of time:
- Almost half of all Chief Marketing Officers see ad agencies as a “time-suck.” That’s a big ouch. Or ick!
- In BizCommunity.com, Issa Sitiki daSilva writes that Martin Lindstrom has ideas for your dying brand. Use ritual to help rebuild them.
- Ken Krimstein of Adweek says to delight your customers to make your brand great. Starbucks, Delta and the so-called great brands need to think on this or they won’t be great. Did Paley believe in the CBS brand? You bet, but he spent his time on programming, not branding.
- Canada’s Financial Post details America’s fastest-dying car brands.
- City of Atlanta stops funding the wretched Brand Atlanta.
- ArizonaRepublic says branding of Phoenix a waste.
- Duffy & Partners redoes Wolfgang Puck packaging.
- Branding consultant sought for Museum of Liverpool in England.