header image 2

Kellogg’s Brings Mother’s Cookies Back To Life

May 5th, 2009 · 169 Comments

By a Staff Reporter

mothers cookiesBATTLE CREEK  – Just as Kellogg’s brought back Hydrox, it has now brought back the Mother’s Cookies brand.

With the same taste , Mother’s cookies made their highly anticipated return to store shelves in the Western region of the United States starting on May 4 – just in time for the 95th anniversary of Mother’s Day as well as the Mother’s brand.

Since 1914, Mother’s cookies have been delighting generations with favorites like the pink and white sprinkled Circus Animal cookies and the rich, creme-filled Taffysandwich cookies. When the iconic brand ceased production in late 2008, cookie lovers lost not only a delicious snack, but a closely held family tradition. In December 2008, Kellogg Company acquired the trademarks and original recipes, ensuring that the cookies will continue.

“We’re thrilled to bring back a classic, beloved brand that calls to mind such strong feelings of nostalgia and happy childhood memories that parents want to pass down to their children,” said Doug VanDeVelde, senior vice president, marketing and innovation, U.S. snacks, Kellogg Company, in a press release to BrandlandUSA.

The Mother’s cookies returning to the Western region of the United States include:

• Chocolate Chip
  • Circus Animal
  • Cocadas
  • Double Fudge
  • English Tea
  • Iced Lemonade
  • Iced Oatmeal
  • Macaroons
  • Oatmeal
  • Taffy
  • Vanilla Creme

Mother’s Milestones

Here are some memorable Mother’s cookies milestones from the last 95 years:

1914 – N.M. (Noah) Wheatley runs a newspaper stand on the corner of San Francisco’s Market and Kearney Streets and decides to purchase the rights to a recipe of some home-baked cookies from one of his customers.

Circa 1915 – Wheatley trades in his corner stand and relocates to a small, one-person operation on 12th Avenue in Oakland, Calif. where he bakes about 2,000 cookies each day and night. His cookies sold for $1 a box, and his vanilla cookies were an overnight hit.

Circa 1920 – With help from a young woman named Leopoldine, the bakery grows and a romance begins. Noah and Leopoldine marry and together run the company until their son, Floyd Wheatley, is old enough to take over.

1922 – The bakery needs more space and moves to 18th Street, forcing the Wheatleys to sell their home and even their piano to pay for the move.

1949 – Success is sweet, and the bakery moves to 810 81st Avenue in Oakland, Calif. and grows to employ more than 750 people across several Western states.

1952 – Mother’s cookies launches a unique promotion involving baseball player cards inserted in packages of cookies and continues to give them away as promotions at games until 1998.

1983 – Mother’s cookies moves to the big screen in the movie Scarface.

2002 – Mother’s cookies bakes more than 17 million cookies a day to keep up with demand.

2006 – Tough times force the company to close its operation in Oakland, Calif. and shift production to plants in Canada and Ohio.

2008 – Mother’s cookies closes its doors

2009 – Mother’s cookies return and fans everywhere rejoice.

For more information and to help spread the word about Mother’s cookies return, visit www.Motherscookies.com.

Hydrox cookies come back
Pop Tarts Go Pop Art
Brands of Toaster Pastries
What Happened to Milton the Toaster?
Mother's Cookies Now In Kansas City
Lemon Coolers or How to Snag Brand Equity Legally

Tags: Grocery · Regional Brands

• 1 Will // May 5, 2009 at 7:50 pm

I’m excited!

When the Hydrox cookies came back, it was a fun retro delight!

• 2 Andy // May 7, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Thank You “Kellogg’s” For bringing back an American Tradition. I hope the recipes are the same as I tried Nabisco’s attempt at “Mothers Cookies”(Their versions Of pink and white iced and Iced Oatmeal” wasn’t even near the great taste “Mothers” cookies had. I will certainly continue to buy “Mothers cookies” for now on, next to Oreo or Hydrox, the best store bought cookie out there.

• 3 nancy garcia, 2708 bartlett avenue, rosemead, ca., 91770 // Jun 1, 2009 at 1:30 pm

where are the iced rasins?

• 4 Luke // Jun 22, 2009 at 8:43 pm

I have enjoyed Mother’s Cookies for as long as I can remember, my favorite the “Double Fudge” has no competion anywhere, ever! It was a dark day when Mother’s closed their doors… I chased down every bag of “Double Fudge” I could find (which didn’t amount to many) and savored every last one. I’ve tried every brand but no one can match Mother’s.
    Today, my sweetheart phoned me with an unbelievable discovery, Mother’s were back in the store! Miracles do exist!
    Thanks Kellogs for bringing back the joy of Mothers!

• 5 Marlito // Jun 26, 2009 at 11:16 pm

Love the Circus Animals..BUT Yeah… WHERE ARE THE ICED RASINS???

• 6 Diana // Jul 21, 2009 at 7:47 pm

Where, oh where are the iced raisin cookies? Please start baking and selling those cookies. Mother’s Iced Raisins Cookies are the BEST@

• 7 Luken // Jul 25, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Fudge Striped Shortbread? Where are my striped cookies?! I’m dying over here! Keebler’s version just won’t cut it. Please, Please, Please bring back the stripes!

• 8 Linda Waterman // Aug 27, 2009 at 11:45 pm

PLEASE BRING BACK THE ICED RAISEN FOR MY HUSBAND, HE LOVES THEM SO MUCH, PRETTY PLEASE……..

• 9 Stacy // Aug 31, 2009 at 1:08 pm

I was just talking to my girlfriend about the Iced striped raisin oatmeal cookies from the 70-80’s era. The taste was unremarkable. Are they making a come back. We live in Southern Ohio, where can we purchase them.

• 10 Dianna Robison // Sep 1, 2009 at 2:44 pm

I love Mother’s cookies. I buy them almost exclusively. I am so disappointed that I can’t find the Iced Raisin cookies. Is there somewhere online I can buy them? perhaps in bulk? are they even in production any more? Seriously! you really need to bring these back.

• 11 Garland Pollard // Sep 8, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Seems like alot of you all miss the iced raisins. I don’t know what to do about it but Kellogg’s is definitely responsive to market, as it brought the cookie brand back in the first place.

• 12 savannah boucher // Sep 9, 2009 at 8:48 am

I am in Louisiana and looking for Mother’s
    angel chip. My boyfriend loves angel chip
    and I need help. Can they be found in Los Angeles or shreveport louisiana? help!

• 13 Manning E. Pierce // Oct 29, 2009 at 4:27 pm

I would love to acquire Mother’s iced raisen cookies. I didn’t see them on what is being produced. I would purchase a box or case if available. Please make available in Tennessee!
    I’ll even pay to have them shipped.

• 14 Anonymous // Dec 7, 2009 at 1:13 am

where are the double fudge and especially the iced raisins?????

• 15 monkey // Dec 17, 2009 at 10:20 pm

PLEASE BRING BACK THE ICED RAISIN COOKIES. I LIVE IN NORTH DAKOTA.GREW UP IN CA. I LOVE THE ICED RAISIN COOKIES THEY NEED TO BRING THEM BACK.

• 16 Mark // Dec 19, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Need the iced raisin BAD!! Please bring them back!

• 17 stephanie jannot // Jan 13, 2010 at 2:11 pm

ICED RAISINS!! WHERE CAN WE GET THEM? ARE THEY COMING BACK?

• 18 Matthew // Jan 17, 2010 at 1:57 am

I can’t believe that they brought back the Mother;s line, but not the Iced Raisin cookies!

• 19 Craig // Jan 17, 2010 at 4:09 am

The two best are iced raisin and flaky flix – both missing.

• 20 Tanna Lee Wells // Jan 18, 2010 at 9:45 am

Where oh where are the Mother’s brand caramel swirels cookies. hey were my favorite for many years just enough caramel to sweeten the shortbread and great dunk’in cookies. hope they come back as well

• 21 Leslie McCulley // Jan 29, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Where are my Striped cookies and will they be coming back to the Northwest. Have been eating them for over 20yrs. Miss them!

• 22 Leslie McCulley // Jan 29, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Striped Shortbread cookies were are they. Need them back in N.W.

• 23 Val // Feb 24, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Looking for the iced raisin bar cookies. My favorite ever! Any info? Thanks

• 24 Kent // Mar 2, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Why did Kellog’s kill off Mother’s Fudgestriped Shortbread cookies??? BRING THEM BACK, KELLOGS!!!!!!

• 25 Conni // Mar 5, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Gotta have the iced raisins back!

• 26 John // Mar 5, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Next to the iced animal crackers in delectibility are the iced raisins. Where are they?

• 27 Suzete Bush // Mar 22, 2010 at 11:43 pm

Can I purchase Mother’s iced raisin cookies on-line?

Thank you for your time.

• 28 Dale // Apr 1, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Hey!! I couldn’t agree more — I want the ICED RAISEN cookies! I’ve been onthe look for them since they disapeared and can’t even find a bad reproduction. I WANT ICED RAISEN COOKIES BACK!!!

• 29 Kevin // Apr 1, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Kelloggs: You must bring back the Iced Raisin Cookies. The rectangle ones with the striped icing on top. I think they used to be called “Iced Raisin Bars”. There are a lot of 40 somethings out here dying to re-live our fond childhood memories. Please help us!

• 30 janira // Apr 22, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Please please bring back my fudgestripe shortbread cookies. Where are they?

• 31 Paula // Apr 25, 2010 at 10:51 pm

bring back the fudgestripes – my roommate is freaking out and needs them STAT!!!!!

• 32 teachernw // Apr 25, 2010 at 10:53 pm

moved to UK for awhile… now i’m back and am missing my striped shortbread… are they ever coming back???

• 33 KCfudgestripes // Apr 25, 2010 at 10:54 pm

no fudgestripes??? but why?? why??? really, really, really want them!!! 🙁

• 34 Tammy // Apr 29, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Please Please bring back the iced oatmeal raisin cookies.

• 35 Mark // Apr 30, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Where o’ where have the Iced Raisin Cookies gone?
    Reproduction sounds like a plan to me…HINT, HINT.

• 36 Tyg // May 2, 2010 at 6:38 pm

OMG I thought I was alone in my quest for Iced Raisin cookies !!!! … Reminds me of my Grandmas house as a kid … PLEASE !!!! make these again .. I cannot find any substitute anywhere

• 37 Sheri // May 8, 2010 at 7:02 pm

We are wanting to know where we can buy the Ice oatmeal raisin cookies…they are our FAVORITE!

Thanks,
    Sheri

• 38 davina // May 10, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Yes! Where are the Iced Raisin?? Those were always my favorite too. Somebody needs to bring them back.

• 39 Betty // May 28, 2010 at 11:27 pm

My whole family loves the iced raisin cookies. I have been looking everywhere for them. Could you please bring them back. It looks like a lot of people miss them!

• 40 grant // Jun 1, 2010 at 12:57 am

We also love the iced raisin cookies.. Please bring them back? Obviously a lot of people miss them!

• 41 Debbie // Jun 9, 2010 at 11:49 am

Please bring the Iced Raisen cookies back. They are my father’s favorite and I wanted to buy him some for Father’s Day!!! Can I buy them online anywhere?

• 42 Maggie // Jun 14, 2010 at 7:46 pm

PLEASE! Bring back the variety bag!( I forgot the name of it) but it included circus anumals, choc chip cookies, raisen cookies and ummmm…forgot the other kind. Either way, they were the best and I miss them!

• 43 Becky // Jun 14, 2010 at 11:29 pm

PLEASE bring back the Iced Raisin Cookies, they were my favorite since childhood and I miss them!!! can we buy them anywhere???
    hope you are planning on bringing them back, seems I am not alone in wanting them back!!!!

• 44 Paul // Jun 24, 2010 at 2:10 pm

PLEASE BRING BACK THE ICED RAISIN COOKIES!!! :0)

• 45 Teresa // Jun 24, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Just look at all the posts wanting the Iced raisin cookies back. I have been looking for them everywhere. I you would make lots of money if you brought them back. There is nothing like them in any other brand so you wouldn’t have competition.

• 46 mary // Jul 3, 2010 at 6:20 pm

WHERE ARE THE ICED RAISIN COOKIES? THIS IS A CRIM TO MAKE THE OTHERS BUT NOT THESE ONES. I LOVE THE ICED RAISIN PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BRING THEM BACK.

• 47 Cathy // Jul 11, 2010 at 10:07 pm

We were just siting aroundtonight and the conversation turned to cookies. Then to Mothers Cookies. Next was the iced raisin. Please, Please bring them back, It looks like we are not the only ones who lust for them. Who can pass this along to Kellogg????

• 48 Nikki // Jul 15, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Please oh, please bring back the iced raisen cookies. I had this sudden urge for them one day and I went on a hunt to find them. So I got on the internet to see if I could order them. They are just no were to be found. So I beg you please bring them back.

• 49 bobby rex // Jul 17, 2010 at 10:15 am

Who stold the ICED RAISIN cookies ! Been everywhere and their nowhere to be bought ?

• 50 Paul Rieland // Jul 21, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Cookies with raisins, all iced are nice

• 51 Angela in Indiana // Jul 27, 2010 at 7:52 pm

I thought I was alone in looking for the Iced Oatmeal Raisin Bars. I would love to find them again. PLEASE!!!!!

• 52 Evelyn in Knoxville, TN. // Aug 15, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Mothers Cookies!!! Please consider the state or Tenn.!! We are retired USAF been all around world, Totally miss Mothers Double fudge chip!!!! and Circus Animals!!! and Choc. Chip!! But REALLY WANT DOUBLE FUDGE CHOC. CHIP!!!!! CAN I ORDER ON LINE????!!!PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thank you, very much Kellogg’s!!!! A CLASSIC has returned!!

• 53 Angelia in Fort Worth, TX // Aug 17, 2010 at 6:42 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring back Mothers Iced Raisin Bars!!!!!! Why did you discontinue them in the first place??? “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”

• 54 Cindy // Aug 24, 2010 at 4:35 pm

What happened to the iced raisin cookies. They were my Dad’s favorites. My kids were hoping to celebrate his birthday (he passed 6 years ago) by eating his favorite cookie and I can’t find them anywhere. Bring back the iced raisins!!!

• 55 kp // Sep 17, 2010 at 4:09 pm

I want the iced raisin cookies back as well! Just before they were discontinued our local store got them in and I enjoyed two bags for the first time in years! Forgot how good they were.
    I’m not a big cookie buyer but this and the Frosted Animal Cookies stand out over all the rest of the cookies!

• 56 Donna // Sep 21, 2010 at 3:15 pm

But where ARE the iced raisin cookie bars; those are my favorite!!!

• 57 Beth // Sep 28, 2010 at 10:13 pm

I am looking for Mothers iced molasses cookies, I love those cookies and grew up eating them in the 60’s 70’s 80’s timeframe ( est. ) They are shaped like a flower basically. A dark molasses cookie with scalloped edges and the top is totally covered with white icing and then topped with brown ( chocolate ) horizontal stripes running over each iced cookie top! Pure heaven : ) Where can I purchase these blast from the past awesome cookies?? Help.

• 58 isadore // Oct 21, 2010 at 6:42 pm

where do i order flaky flix? my grandmother loves them. I would really like to get her some for xmas

• 59 Rhonda Mitchell // Nov 12, 2010 at 9:14 am

I miss these cookies so much…I’ve looked for them many times…bring them back please!

• 60 Gwen // Dec 8, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Please we want Mother’s Iced Raisin bars in South Carolina. They were the best tasting cookies I ever eaten. Please hurry!!!

• 61 Melody // Dec 13, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Please bring back Mother’s Iced Raisin Bars to DFW, TX. They are the best

• 62 Loretta in MO // Dec 15, 2010 at 11:14 pm

With all the money spent trying to get us buy your cookies, why would you ignore all the requests for Iced Raisin Cookies? You have a huge number of consumers that would buy without any advertising dollars being spent. We’re ready to eat Mother’s Iced Raisin Cookies, so bring ’em on!!!

• 63 Lori Monroe // Dec 24, 2010 at 10:35 am

Iced Raisin…please

• 64 donna // Jan 4, 2011 at 7:49 pm

please,please bring back the variety bag of mothers cookies!!

• 65 Joe Elia // Jan 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I was born in Oakland CA, I grew up with Mothers, I miss
    the shortbread cookies, they had several varieties, plain
    shortbread, chocolate chip (my personal favorite) and Almond
    Shortbread. All were crunchy, tasty and my favorite cookies. The
    limited selection now is very sad. Bring Back SHORTBREAD PLease, I
    will pay anything for them…..

• 66 Bob // Jan 12, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Tell the bean counter, if he wants my money, then bring
    back iced raisin…And I’ll buy animal cookies
    too…Please..

• 67 Van // Jan 12, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Please bring back the Iced Raisin cookies. My wife and I
    had a craving for them and found out you don’ tmake them
    anymore!

• 68 Shelley // Jan 22, 2011 at 1:03 am

Please, please bring back Iced Raisin Cookies….they were the best and I just found out that they were also my boyfriend’s favorite cookies too!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE 🙂

• 69 James // Jan 23, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Born in Ca. in 50’s. Moved east in early 70’s. Taste memory from my childhood triggered a craving for Mother’s Iced Raisin Cookies about 2 weeks ago. Not in current production? Say it isn’t so!

• 70 kim winchester // Jan 29, 2011 at 10:44 pm

i am looking to purchase some glazed rasin cookies here in spokane, i am having an awful time locating them, can you please direct me.. thanks kim

• 71 Deborah // Feb 8, 2011 at 12:24 am

I agree that iced raisin cookies should definitly be returned to the shelf.I used to surprise my husband with them,as they were his favs,&I must say becam mine too!!

• 72 Curt // Feb 20, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I’ll add to the yearning for iced raisin cookies. They were the best, and I know our family would purchase them regularly if they were brought back to grocery store shelves.

• 73 Tori // Mar 16, 2011 at 1:13 pm

They made a cookie that was shaped like a flower with the scolloped edges, white icing all over the top, they were called ICED SPICED COOKIES. They were sooooo totally awesome. Does anyone know what i am talking about? Please bring those back. I cant find ANYTHING to match them. Thanks.

• 74 Rebecca // Mar 20, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I am having my first actually real pregnancy craving and it’s for iced raisin cookies but they are gone!!!!!!! Not fair!!!!

• 75 Terry San Diego // Apr 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Please bring back the iced raisin cookies. After a hard day they make things better.

• 76 criss // May 18, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Are you all kidding me. The best were chocolate chip angel. Please look in your heart to bring them back.

• 77 Marcia // May 20, 2011 at 7:20 am

I can’t believe all these people want the Iced Raisin Bars back!!! I thought I was the only one that loved these cookies. So good with a hot cup of coffee in the AM, PM or whenever. They were rectangles with stripes of icing. SO GOOD!! Please bring them back. PLEASE!!! I have this enormous craving and nothing will stop it!!!

• 78 Lisa Van Duyne // Jun 12, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I am looking for Iced Raisin as well. I’m tempted to try to bake them, but I know they just won’t be the same. PLEASE, ICED RAISIN ARE AS AMERICAN AS APPLE PIE!

• 79 Gina // Jun 16, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I’m glad to see I’m not the only 40-something with a craving for those wonderful iced oatmeal raisin cookies. Surely with all of this interest, you’ll bring back the original recipe? Please?

• 80 Brittany // Jun 18, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Where can I buy the chekerboard cookies?? I don’t know whose stupid idea it was to take these off the shelf!!!

• 81 Andy // Jun 28, 2011 at 8:02 pm

North Carolina also loves the Iced Raisin Bars. They got me through my parents divorce in the 1970s. The rectangle ones with white stripes on the front and solid white on the back. I would eat 2 rows at a time. Kelloggs, are you listening? The 40 year olds have the money!!!!!

• 82 Kelly // Jun 30, 2011 at 10:59 pm

40 something who grew up in California. Loved the Iced Raisin and missing them like mad! Would love to buy a bag or 20 in Washington. Iced Raisin!!!!!!!

• 83 Rachelle Newton // Aug 11, 2011 at 8:28 pm

please let me know where I can buy those yummy White cookies frosted and they have raisins in them I can’t find them anywhere please let me know
    Rachelle

• 84 Anthony // Aug 26, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Please bring back the ICED RAISIN COOKIES they were the best from Mother’s hands down. A guaranteed seller,,,

• 85 Chuck // Sep 5, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I too have been searching for the infamous iced raisin bars to no avail. Check for them in all the stores I visit with the hope of finding them but … I remember them growing up and would love to have them again. I will continue to check for them as will everyone else until they appear on the store shelves hopefully soon.

• 86 Shon // Oct 5, 2011 at 8:10 am

The iced raisin bars I thought wete made by nabisco but I could be wrong but I wish you would bring them back no matter who thy were made by they were the best cookie ever and littlr rock arkansas needs them bad

• 87 Marilyn Hanson // Nov 7, 2011 at 1:05 pm

we just moved back to the part of the country that sells Mother’s Cookies, and were thrilled to find some of our favorites. We soooo miss Iced Raisins and Chocolate Chip Angels, though. Any chance those are being considered for a come-back? Best cookies EVER!!! BTW .. my husband’s parents met and married while working at the Oakland Plant. We LOVE those cookies!!!

• 88 bill montgomery // Nov 10, 2011 at 8:54 pm

ICED RAISIN,FLAKY FLIX, ICED RAISIN,FLAKY FLIX, ICED RAISIN,FLAKY FLIX, ICED RAISEN, FLAKY FLIX, ICED RAISIN,FLAKY FLIX, ICED RAISIN,FLAKY FLIX,ICED RAISIN, ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!

• 89 arlis // Nov 28, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I have been looking for ICED RAISIN COOKIES for some time! I miss the delicious cookies, I have been eating them My question is why was it discontinued! surely it beats; Oreo,
    Chocolate chip etc! My husband and I are very disappointed! It is always on our shopping list. I hope that kellog will reconsider and bring the Mother”s Iced Rasin cookies back!

• 90 Melissa // Dec 13, 2011 at 7:32 pm

PLEASE, bring back the Iced Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I would so much love for my daughter’s to taste a cookie that was a special treat for me growing up. It’s apart of my “childhood” past that I still remember and I am now 42yrs old. That should tell you something about this cookie. You should have NEVER stopped making them 🙁 Please even if for a limited time only, BRING THEM BACK, so my girls can taste a piece of my childhood as they do now when I have on “The Christmas Story” all day long on Christmas Day. A favorite movie of mine at Christmas time. Here’s an idea, bring the Iced Oatmeal Raisin cookies back just for the Christmas Holiday!!!!!

• 91 Ernie // Dec 14, 2011 at 10:47 pm

I echo what everyone else is asking for to please bring back the Iced Raisin cookies.

• 92 melinda // Dec 19, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I grew up sneaking iced raisin cookies from my mom’s stash. Now I can’t bye them for my own self : ( ICED RAISIN COOKIES, PLEASE….

• 93 Sharon // Jan 4, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I am still looking and hoping for Iced Raisin Cookies to come back and have not found anything yet. I really hope they bring it back to the shelves soon in the stores everywhere.

• 94 AuntieG // Jan 13, 2012 at 2:58 pm

PLEASE PLEASE NEED CHOCOLATE CHIP ANGELS HELP !! And what happened to the Iced Raisins?? and Flaky Flix??? and the Variety Pak?? and the Gauchos??? BRING THEM BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 95 JamesL // Jan 29, 2012 at 6:16 pm

We need to contact Kelloggs(Mothers new handler) and all request they bring back the Iced Shortbread raisin cookies.
    They need to know we really want them.

• 96 Lynn // Feb 10, 2012 at 10:37 am

All I can say is Iced Raisin Cookies – Please! Thank you.

• 97 carol patrick // Feb 29, 2012 at 4:12 pm

have they brought back the shortbread chocolate chip cookies, they were square, Someone might want to, they hd the perfect taste and texture. ALL other brands are hard or too soft and mushy. Mothers was exceptional. Can’t find anywhere. Any way to special order if they have them? Thank you.

• 98 carol patrick // Feb 29, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Where are the chocolate chip shortbread cookies? They were square. But most important they were the perfect taste and texture. All these avaiable brands are too hard or too soft and the taste does not come close. Thank you.

• 99 Queen // Mar 2, 2012 at 2:21 pm

WHERE R THE ICED RAISIN COOKIES?!?!?! They are my honey’s fav & i wanted to surprise him for his birthday!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE BRING THEM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

• 100 Lance // Mar 2, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Iced raisin cookies please!

• 101 butterbean // Mar 5, 2012 at 8:06 pm

please bring back the iced raisin bar

• 102 leslie McCulley // Mar 9, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I have not seen my cookies back in he stores yet what is the deal. The buttermilk cookies with the strips. Don’t try to fake us out bring back the real deal. No other cookies compare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 103 Amy Jones // Mar 11, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I completely agree…we NEED the iced raisin bar. They were so delicious!! Looks to me like you would make a killing on just selling those cookies alone!

• 104 Gary Kelley // Mar 13, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Iced raisin are missed by all. Please consider a comeback for them.

• 105 Ron Johnson // Mar 18, 2012 at 7:32 am

Yes indeed the iced raisin cookies were the best. I cant find any to compare. Bring them back !

• 106 Sharyn Buyard // Mar 31, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Hello good people of Kelloggs, Pls inform me how,when or where I can find the Mothers Iced Raisin cookies. My sister loves them

• 107 john // Apr 4, 2012 at 10:59 am

PLEASE bring back the Striped Shortbread!
    My father & I loved those cookies.

• 108 Dan Eads // Apr 6, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Please bring back the iced raisins. They are the best. I need them bad. My wife thinks I’m crazy!

• 109 Catherine Collins // Apr 7, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I loved Mother’s cookies when I was a little girl, and when I had children they loved them also. I am so happy to see the cookies in the store, but where is the iced raisin cookie? I just can’t believe that the iced raisin cookie was the best selling cookie of the Mother’s brand. Please bring back the iced raisin cookie, even if it is for a limited time only. Thanks

• 110 Catherine Collins // Apr 7, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I just love Mother’s cookies.

• 111 D's Mom // May 26, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Another vote for iced raisin, please!! Email me when they come out and I will immediately stock up!! (but I don’t remember them having stripes.. just a rectangle raisin shortbread with a very unique taste and then dipped in a thin coating of clear white icing. Raisins make the cookie have a perfect chewy-but-crunchy texture. Oh wish I was crunching one right now!

• 112 Jennifer // May 28, 2012 at 9:58 am

I so miss the Iced Raisin Cookie!!! Please bring it back.

• 113 Alana // May 31, 2012 at 9:08 pm

You need to bring back the Iced Raisin Cookies!! My son and husband loved them. Sorry to see they aren’t on the grocery shelf anywhere,. Let us know when this might happen so we won’t miss out when you do bring them back, because I am sure you will not have enough to go around!!

• 114 Cathy Powers // Jun 11, 2012 at 9:55 am

PLEASE, I beg you, bring back the Iced Raisin Cookies! Please!!!! Please!!! Never in my life (I’m 45) have I had such a great cookie! PLEASE!!!

• 115 Donna // Jun 14, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Iced Raisin Cookies were can I get them

• 116 Andrea // Jul 3, 2012 at 11:05 am

My mother, who salved her wounds with Mother’s Iced Raisin cookies after a bitter divorce, has now reached her twilight years. Before she bids a fond farewell to this world, her last wish is to savor a bag or two of Mother’s Iced Raisin cookies. It is obvious from the plethora of comments that people across these United States are pleading for the return of Mother’s Iced Raisin cookies. Why does Mother continue to turn her back on her longstanding, loyal customers as if they’re ugly stepchildren? Is it, as Hillary Clinton professes, a vast right-wing conspiracy? Could you at least inform us, your public, as to the reason Mother’s Iced Raisin cookies no longer grace the shelves of our grocery stores? Or for the sake of my mother, Mother, could you just whip up a vat or two for you many fans? (dictated by my 70-year-old mother!)

• 117 Mary Elizabeth // Jul 27, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Where are the Iced Raisin Cookies? Please tell us why they are not being reproduced. Friends and Family from out of state constantly asked me to ship the Iced Raisins to their home because Mother’s Cookies were not available in their area. Please, please, please – My life will be easier if the Iced Raisin Cookies are available again!

• 118 matthew // Aug 24, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Can u guys pleeeease brong BACK the deliciousness of flaky flix? IM CRAVING THEM AS BAD AS TALHASSEE CRAVES A TWINKY IN ZOMBIELAND! I havent had flaky flix in ages!!! Thanks

• 119 Tina Bowlan // Aug 30, 2012 at 9:26 am

I don’t mean to sound like a broken record but the iced oatmeal cookies were the best. Please bring them back!

• 120 Terrrie // Sep 4, 2012 at 3:54 pm

You must listen to your customers and bring back ICED RAISIN COOKIES to our store shelves! It sounds like market demand to me!

• 121 Jeannie // Sep 12, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Please Bring back the Iced Raisin Cookies. I grew up eating them and would like to share the experience with my Grand Children.

• 122 Judy // Sep 19, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Please bring back ICED RAISIN COOKIES!

• 123 Natalie // Oct 16, 2012 at 9:35 pm

ICED RAISIN!!

• 124 Hostess Copy Cat Recipes & ResourcesKeep Calm And Make Hostess At Home // Nov 17, 2012 at 10:28 pm

[…] So news was all over this morning about Hostess Brands is closing.  Hostess has asked a federal bankruptcy judge for permission to close it’s operations.   The decision comes after one of the company’s biggest unions went on strike to protest a labor contract.   It’s hard to imagine no Twinkies and Wonder Bread, but there are a ton of copycat recipes for Hostess products floating around.   I’d also place a bet that someone will buy up at least some of the brand products, much like what happened with Mother’s Cookies and our beloved pink and white Circus Animal Cookies. […]

• 125 Dani // Apr 10, 2013 at 5:19 am

Please bring back mothers striped chocolate shortbread cookies, who cares about the calories! They were super delicious and the best out of all the other cookies.

• 126 Edward // Aug 19, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I am waiting patiently for SOMEBODY to bring back the Iced Oatmeal Raisen Bars!!!! I refuse to allow my kids to grow up without tasting those chewy childhood favorites. Come on fellas…get it back online!!!!!

• 127 veronica prewitt // Aug 20, 2013 at 1:45 pm

ICED RAISIN BARS!
    ICED RAISIN BARS!
    ICED RAISIN BARS!
    ICED RAISIN BARS!
    ICED RAISIN BARS!
    …………………………….pretty please?
    We miss them in Kentucky.

• 128 Barb // Sep 3, 2013 at 9:54 am

Me and my sisters are in our fifties and we have been looking for the iced raisin bars for years…cant find them anywhere….please tell me where i can get them……

• 129 James // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:30 pm

We all miss Mothers Iced Raisin Cookies.
    I found the calorie info and the last package in the photo makes me want to go there and take it.

☆•*¨*•☆ | ☆•*¨*•☆ | ☆•*¨*•☆

• 130 sprena // Jun 29, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Will you be bringing back the iced raisin cookies?

• 131 Marsha // Jul 19, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Iced Raisin Cookies!!! There are no other cookies that compare to the delicious taste of these sweet treats!! It is obvious there are hundreds if not thousands of consumers that would faithfully purchase these,and think of all the new consumers you would gain also!! Be smart, and make your mark , by bringing back the Iced Raisin Cookies!!! You won’t be sorry!!:):)

• 132 Jesse // Aug 15, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Another vote to bring back the iced raisin cookies, please!

• 133 Dave // Sep 7, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Are Mother’s Iced Raisin Cookies available?

• 134 Theresa // Oct 30, 2014 at 5:38 am

BRING BACK THE ICED RAISIN COOKIE! RETIRE THE LEMON AND OATMEAL! THERE ARE 10 VOTES IN MY HOUSE FOR ICED RAISIN COOKIES!!! NO OTHER BRAND WILL DO.

• 135 Blanca Mejia // Nov 21, 2014 at 1:24 pm

WOW!!!!
    LOOK AT ALL THESE
    ICED RAISIN COOKIES LOVERS
    YAAY!!!
    AND
    YES BRING THEM BACK PLEASE!!!

• 136 Katie Brock // Dec 13, 2014 at 12:24 am

PLEASE O PLEASE BRING BACK THE “ICED RAISIN COOKIE”…..my mother in law and I sure would love to have them back!!!!!!

• 137 Lory Doucette // Mar 23, 2015 at 9:26 am

I have looked all over for the iced raisin cookie. They were the best cookies ever. Please bring them back.

• 138 Ruth // Mar 24, 2015 at 1:17 pm

PLEASE bring back the Fudge Striped Shortbread!!!!

• 139 Kim Axiak // Apr 27, 2015 at 8:31 pm

I was so happy when a large variety of Mother’s cookies made a come back. I have been looking for years for the Iced Raisin cookies. Please bring them back! You will make a fortune on those alone! 🙂

• 140 Kim Cleland // May 2, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Iced raisin cookies!!! I live in Michigan and I came back to California hoping to find iced raisin cookies!!!! No luck …my mom worked at the factory when I was a kid,we always bought them. Where can I buy them now??

• 141 Kim Cleland // May 2, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Iced raisin cookies !!! Please bring them back… I left Michigan, hoping to find them in California, Love them!!!

• 142 Stacey Knight // Jul 15, 2015 at 9:56 am

Iced molassas plz bring back! So yummy! 🙂

• 143 Roger Melen // Sep 8, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Please bring back the Iced Raisin Cookies

• 144 joan // Sep 15, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Count me among those who want iced raisen cookies.
    Please bring back the original taffy bars, too. The new recipe has the brown color ouside but a white cookie inside. Doesn’t taste the same.

• 145 Joan // Sep 15, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Count me among those who want iced raisen cookies.

• 146 Joan // Sep 15, 2015 at 9:05 pm

Please bring back iced raisin cookies.

• 147 George adams // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:54 pm

I’m calling Kellogg’s tomorrow. I have to get iced raisin cookies. I insist. I’m going to talk to upper mgmt. lol. I am. Thanks Kellogg’s please!

• 148 Melissa // Oct 31, 2015 at 5:40 pm

Twenty years ago I craved the iced oatmeal raisin bars—I searched everywhere! Everyone was bringing me iced raisin cookies with no satisfaction! My son is now in his third year of college and I’ve yet to find them. Is anyone reading these pleds??? If there’s demand where is the product?? I want my cookies back! 😫😫😫

• 149 Charles Dunn // Jan 13, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Please oh please give us the Iced Raisin bar cookies again!

• 150 The Gallasch fam // Jan 18, 2016 at 6:18 pm

We want to introduce our son to the old school cookies that were great for us as kids and we want to see the flaky flix ,and the fudgestripes along with the iced shortbread raisin cookies !! Bring back the retro cookies !! 😄

• 151 Lofgren Family // Jan 29, 2016 at 6:53 pm

PLEASE CONSIDER BRINGING BACK THE ICED RAISIN COOKIES. MY HUSBAND SEARCHES FOR THEM EVERYTIME WE VISIT THE MARKET. HE’S DEVESTATED THAT THEY’VE BEEN DISCONTINUED. PLEASE!!!!

• 152 SCLARK // Mar 10, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Can we get iced raisin already?!

• 153 Jacob Family // Mar 30, 2016 at 4:09 pm

C’mon, increase your profits and make the Iced Raisin cookies again. We’ll ALL enjoy watching them FLY off the store shelves!

• 154 Bob // Apr 27, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Bring back the iced raisin cookies! Such a great memory of my childhood,raiding grandma’s cookie jar.

• 155 Iced Raisin Lover // Jun 28, 2016 at 10:35 pm

It’s sad not seeing the bag emblazoned with Iced Raisin cookies on the shelf beside the other Mother’s Cookies. A small tinge of excitement fills me each time I look. I’m left saddened, unable to enjoy a cookie shared by my Father when I was young. Please heal my heart and bring them back.

• 156 Margie Scoggins // Jul 20, 2016 at 8:00 pm

I NEED ICED RAISON COOKIES! PLEEEEEZ

• 157 Aly // Jul 20, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Bring back the iced raisons.

• 158 Josh // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Didn’t even know that original mothers brand had ceased to exist, but thank you for bringing them back. Every now and then I get a major craving for the iced molasses cookies and would love to see them come back, even seasonally.

• 159 CORKY // Jul 26, 2016 at 8:25 pm

MY WIFE BROUGHT HOME SOME “MAMAS COOKIES” FROM WALMART ONE DAY. SHE HAD TO BUY 2,3 MORE PACKAGES A WEEK. WE GOT HOOKED ON “MAMA’S” COOKIES FROM WALMART. NOW THEY DON’T HAVE THEM ANY MORE. WE CAN’T FIND THEM ANYWHERE. “HELP”

• 160 CORKY // Aug 7, 2016 at 4:07 pm

REAL FLAVORFUL COOKIES

• 161 Cyndi // Sep 19, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Oh my gosh I agree….. I would buy 40 bags of Iced Rasin cookies at a time if I could find them! I went looking for this website specifically to see if I could find out what happened to this classic deliciousness!!! Pleeeeze bring them back

• 162 Lizzi-Lou // Sep 29, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Add me to your list. I want some Iced Raisin cookies and I want some now. I can’t believe you let this many customers suffer for so many years. We promise we will buy then and eat them up. At lease test trial it I my area of Spring, Texas!

• 163 Donna // Nov 26, 2016 at 5:28 pm

I loved the iced raisin bars! I’ve been looking for them for years! My kids have all grown up and they missed out! Please bring them back!

• 164 carola // Dec 1, 2016 at 7:28 pm

I’ve looked everywhere for the Gingermen cookies. Do you think you’ll make them?

• 165 Shari // Dec 24, 2016 at 12:41 am

Hey, could you bring back Flaky Flix Cookies from Mother’s too! Pretty Please.

• 166 Barbara // Jan 14, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Can’t wait to see the iced raisin cookies on the shelf again, along with the bagged variety mix of cookies.

• 167 Barbara // Jan 14, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Can’t wait to see iced raisin cookies on the grocery store shelves again, along with the variety bag of mother’s cookies.

• 168 Ron // Feb 12, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Please please bring back the glazed raisin cookie!
    I had a craving for them recently and went to the store to shop and low and behold they didn’t have any!

• 169 Angie // Feb 18, 2017 at 7:01 am

Pretty sad… Folks have been requesting ICED OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES for years now…. With no response😡