Cypress Gardens Skis, Please

May 28th, 2007 · 39 Comments

When folks look for water skis, brand names like Obrien and Connelly are what you find.

What comes to mind, though, is the Cypress Gardens Dick Pope brand. The question is what happened to Cypress Gardens Dick Pope skis? They were the standard, the inventor. This would be like one day going to a bike shop and there weren’t any more Schwinns, or no more Wilson tennis racquets.

Please bring back Cypress Gardens water skis. Sure, the Cypress Gardens theme park is still around, but that’s not enough.

Tags: Brand History

• 1 Rodrigo // Jun 2, 2007 at 2:55 pm

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

• 2 Anonymous // Jul 12, 2007 at 4:53 am

huh?

• 3 Tom Smiley // Jul 13, 2009 at 3:07 pm

I have a pair of Paul Pope Jr., Cyprus Gardens, water skis. Please contact me if you know of anyone that might be interested in purchasing them.

• 4 Charles Cherry // May 7, 2010 at 8:54 pm

I have a pair that I was wondering what they would be worth. I never owned a boat but went to the lake with several families as a kid. I would carry my new Dick Pope Jr’s for the day and then bring them back home. Probably have not been used many times.
    Anyone want to buy them?

• 5 jake // Jun 19, 2010 at 9:31 pm

i am interested in your skis.

• 6 charlie owens // Aug 9, 2010 at 6:35 am

need a pair of dick pope jr. write if u will sell

• 7 Jenny Barker // Aug 26, 2010 at 7:58 am

My dad taught me how to ski on Dick Pope III water skis. That was almost 40 years ago. I held onto those skis and used them off and on until we purchased a boat in 2003. At that time, I would try nothing else. Nothing was better than my Dick Pope III skis! They held up well until 2 years ago when the wood finally started to separating. I was able to go on e-bay and find a pair of Dick Pope Jr. skis. My heart will try nothing else!

• 8 Vince Cardenas // Feb 25, 2011 at 12:27 am

Yes,Ihappen to have a wooden pair of Dick Pope.Jr cypress garden skis in excellent condition,has the cypress garden logo exactly like the one the author shows on the site.wood,finish,and all writing and decals are in great shape.Im looking to sell them anyone Interested please contact me at:vcardenas7@yahoo.com or (305)733-5288

• 9 tena // May 14, 2011 at 9:47 pm

i have a pair of vintage wooden ,cypress gardens, dick pope, jr. , water skis 4 sale- anyone interested- email me @ cristena.budgett@yahoo.com

• 10 Pam // Aug 28, 2011 at 4:20 pm

would love a pair of Dick Pope III skiis in great condition. e-mail me if you will sell @hgriffioen@aol.com

• 11 William // Sep 25, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I have a pair of Dick Pope Jr. cypress garden in good condition.. I want to sell to anyone best offer.if interested please call or email 606-224-5408 or ddean2@roadrunner.com

• 12 Judy // Oct 15, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I acquired a Dick Pope III and a Dick Pope Jr. wooden Cypress Garden skis. Anyone interested in them, please email me and I will send you a picture.

• 13 Starr // Nov 30, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I have a pair of Dick Pope, Jr Cypress Gardens Water Skis in very good condition. If you are interested in buying please email me at starr.harris@comcast.net.

• 14 Mutch // Dec 6, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I have a pair of dick pope jr skiis in near perfect condition. One has extra foot insert for one foot skiing. Let me know if u want to buy them. 850-528-166zero

• 15 Tyler // Jan 5, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I have two pairs of the Cypress Gardens Dick Pope Jr. skis in good condition if anyone is interested, email cooneyphotography (at) gmail (dot) com

• 16 Tim // Jan 15, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I have a pair of the Cypress Gardens Dick Pope Jr skis in good condition. Will sell to the right person for the right price. Will look great in a sports bar, man-cave or gameroom….Interested? Email me at lrhall41@aol.com or call me at 863-223-5529.

• 17 Bob // Feb 21, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Have a pair of Dick Pope Jr. water skiis in good condition. One is a slalom with the extra foot binding. Please contact via e-mail if interested.

• 18 Tim // Apr 24, 2012 at 7:35 am

I happen to have a pair of Dick Pope Jr. shoe skis. If interested in buying please E-mail

• 19 Trevor // Jun 2, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I have a pair of Dick Pope Jr. Skis for sale to the right person. Email me if you are interested. Trevor.elliott@prodigy.net. Or call:239-247-4104

• 20 Lisa // Sep 12, 2012 at 12:27 am

I have a couple pairs of Dick Pope jr water skiis. Could someone please tell me how much they’re worth? They’re in great shape.

• 21 LINDA LYLES // Mar 28, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Dick Pope III Cypress Garden’s Antique water ski’s .. They’re in great shape. lindalyles3@aol.com

• 22 Capt. Bob // Jun 4, 2013 at 12:55 am

I have a pair of ancient Dick Pope skis for sale. The logo says “Tourney” in red with “dick pope, jr” in the top of the “T” Make me an offer?

• 23 thomas // Aug 12, 2013 at 2:45 am

I have a pair of big pokey Jr skis make me an offer They’re in great condition

• 24 thomas // Aug 12, 2013 at 2:47 am

I have a pair of dick Pope jr skis great condition make me an offer

• 25 Gina Morris // Aug 15, 2014 at 11:24 pm

I just found a set of Dick Pope water skis in my grandparents storage building. I do not know much about them. Please contact me if interested smorris5@brookdale.com

• 26 Alesha Fay // Aug 24, 2014 at 5:19 am

I have a pair if Dick Pope Jr( wooden) water skis for sale. If anyone interested make me an offer. They are also used for slalom skiing. Perfect gondiotion..no wear and tear on boots and board has no cracks or faded spots. Thank you

• 27 Don Stutts // Nov 12, 2014 at 11:38 pm

I’m looking for 2 rear bindings (black) and 2 Cypress Gardens decals for my 2 Alfredo Mendoza Cypress Garden water skis that I am restoring.

• 28 Cody // Aug 26, 2015 at 12:48 pm

I have an early 1970’s Lil’l Monster slalom ski for sale, will accept reasonable offer.

Cody Marchand

• 29 Jeff B // Jan 11, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Light fixture made with Cypress Gardens Dick Pope Jr water ski ~ very cool, fun, vintage art. Check it out!

• 30 Ashley C // Apr 26, 2016 at 9:41 pm

I just acquired a pair of dick pope Jr. Wooden water skies with the cypress garden logo on them. Metal hard ware around boot area, good condition. They have some scrapes but not bad. Looking to get an idea of what they might be worth. Ashleyjcool117@gmail.com

• 31 Nina M. // Apr 30, 2016 at 9:02 am

Have a nice set of Dick Pope III water skis & wondered what they are worth?

• 32 Ash // Jul 18, 2016 at 11:00 am

2 wooden cypress gardens skis

Profile challenger
    Worth anything?

• 33 Ashley // Jul 18, 2016 at 11:08 am

Have 67″ wooden cypress dens
    Profile challenger skis
    Worth anything?

• 34 Kris Harder // Oct 12, 2016 at 11:14 am

I have a pair if dick pope jr vintage wooden water skis w/ cypress gardens logo on them. Looking to sell…any one lookin?

• 35 Todd ray // Jan 20, 2017 at 12:25 pm

I have both the dick pope jr,cypres gsrden regular lenght and the dick pope lll shorter trick skis,anyone interested,I would sale them

• 36 Brett Rob // Feb 27, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Todd ray – what do you want for Dick Pope’s – any pic’s?

• 37 Eric Fredericks // May 24, 2017 at 9:06 pm

I have a pair of skis dick pope jr. for sale
    Email me at efredericks7@gmail.com if interested and for pictures

• 38 Liz // Aug 13, 2017 at 3:01 pm

I have pair of dick pope skis red writing. No scratches used once only in perfect conditionn

• 39 Liz // Aug 13, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Esgatewood@gmail.com
    Dick pope jr. Skis red cursive writing for sale in mint condition. Like brand new.. Moving and need to sell.