Bringing Back Charles of the Ritz

April 24th, 2009 · 89 Comments

Charles of the Ritz powderWe wonder about the disappearance of the brand Charles of the Ritz.

This brand was merged into Revlon, and while some of its perfumes still survive, the Charles of the Ritz brand does not.

Charles of the Ritz was as big, or bigger, a brand than Estee Lauder, and much more high end than Cover Girl or Maybelline.

It had mixing counters in department stores, and sold an alluring image of Charles of the Ritz, who was a hairstylist in the New York Ritz. Perfumes include Enjoli (that “bring home the bacon” ad) and Jean Nate. The legendary makeup artist Way Bandy worked for the company.

We recall an elderly lady who, in the late 1980s, worked at the Leggett’s in Willow Lawn in Richmond as a Ritz mixer. She mixed Charles of the Ritz right at the counter. Even in her 90s, she was upholding the brand she knew. To her, it had allure.

Note: A number of firms have tried to duplicate the formula; some are on Amazon, below.

Tags: Health

• 1 Anne Schofield // Aug 26, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Hello Garland:

I worked for Charles of the Ritz from 1970 to 1975. Also, I met Way Wandy on several occasions while I was in New York.

I loved my job traveling as national consultant for Charles of the Ritz. Late 1972 I signed a 2 year contract to work in South Africa for the company. I ended up staying 14 years and went freelance as a professional make-up artist which I did for 12 years. I returned to the USA in 1986, now living in San Diego.

I loved Charles of the Ritz, and the New York office had one of the best management teams I have ever worked with. Their products worked.
    About 1998 I last saw Charles of the Ritz at JC Penny in a West Los Angeles Mall. I bought a bottle of Revenessence, which I held onto for years, even when it was empty.

Sincerely,
    Anne Schofield

• 2 Garland Pollard // Aug 26, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Anne..Thank you for the great history! I really appreciate the recollections.

Quite a testament to say “their products worked.”

• 3 Lisa Teater // Nov 17, 2009 at 2:13 pm

What department stores in the Springfield and Joplin, Missouri area can I find these products. So far I have been unable to locate any ot the Charles of the Ritz perfumes in this area,

• 4 aurora sauceda // May 28, 2010 at 10:25 pm

i used all the line of charles of the ritz and i bought the product at J C PENNY in LAREDO, TEXAS FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS. LATER I ORDERED FROM THE ROSE IN NEW YORK UNTIL THEIR PRODUCT WAS NO LONGER IN THEIR INVENTORY. I CANNOT BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO OTHER BRANDS. THE ROSE SENT ME ULTIMA II AS A SUBSTITUTION AND STILL I CANNOT FIND THIS EITHER HERE IN LAREDO, TEXAS

• 5 Diane Smith // Aug 1, 2010 at 10:45 am

I used Charles of the Ritz for years, until I could no longer even find it. I would still wear it as my signature fragrance if I could find it. I now wear Creed Love in White, but to tell you the truth, I prefer my old Charles of the Ritz. I recently found an old container of it that still has the scent, and I thought I might try to have it copied. Anyone know who can do that?

• 6 Anne Schofield // Aug 8, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Hello Diane Smith:

I have just checked with ebay and there is a whole collection of Chas. of the Ritz products, fragrances and all.

I loved working for them, and loved the products.

Best wishes,
    Anne Schofield
    San Diego

• 7 Judith Kutzli // Aug 15, 2010 at 6:09 pm

I used Charles of the Ritz deoderant until I could no longer find it. I have not been able to find a deodorant that works as good as Charles of the Ritz did. PLEASE bring it back.

• 8 Kay Watterson // Aug 25, 2010 at 1:08 pm

You are wrong about the lady in Richmond, Va. She worked for Miller & Rhoads until retiring at 90. I worked for Charles of the Ritz in Charlottesville, Va. at Fashion Sq. Mall for Miller & Rhoads for 13 years.Mrs. Orr in Richmond taught me a lot. I continue to use the products now. Thank You

• 9 Ilona Schulz // Sep 12, 2010 at 3:56 am

I live in Germany and for years I used Charles of he Ritz cosmetics – the best eye cream and throat creame I ever had, the most beautiful eyeshadow etc. etc. Why did it disappear? Does anybody know whether I can still find Charles of the Ritz cosmetics at all in Europe, especially in Great Britain (London) where I am staying quite often.
    Thanks for your help
    Ilona

• 10 Tom Strickland // Nov 8, 2010 at 12:39 am

I never wore anything but Carrington Cologne until it was no longer available. I know it was the best cologne I ever bought. I would have all my female friends sniffing me and asking what and where they could buy it for their husbands, lol. I found some on eBay but only the splash. That cologne needs to come back!

• 11 Liza former Ritz Rep // Nov 10, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Hi there,
    I’m interested in Charles of the Ritz cosmetics. I have used it and I promoted it many years ago from JL Morrison in the 1970’s, and it’s one of the best. I would like very much to see Charles of the Ritz cosmetics in Singapore again. Maybe the company could sell the products by getting someone or so-called agent to promoted door-to-door sales or just like party in friends house. I know when JL Morrison took the brand they had a target given by Charles of the Ritz company and they couldn’t make it so they had to discontinue it. If there is a way I would like to promote it again as representative…
    Regardes!
    Liza

• 12 Marbella Janssen // Nov 25, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Please inform which stores in Florida sell the Charles of the Ritz cosmetics.
    I interested in the face nutrition lotion, yellow in appearance and transparent.

• 13 Gladys Valdez // Nov 27, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Help.I too along with all the others,would love to see the face cream come back.we want it back.
    please help..Thanks

• 14 DONNA THORNTON // Jan 28, 2011 at 8:45 pm

WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO STOP MAKING CHARLES OF THE RITZ REVENESCENCE CREAM…MY SKIN STAYED THE SAME FOR 20 YEARS…NOW IT IS CHANGING…I HAVE GONE TO EVERY STORE TRYING DIFFERENT CREAMS…NOTHING COMPARES TO IT. REVLON PLEASE BRING IT BACK..THANKS DONNA THORNTON DOTHAN AL.

• 15 Tperry // Apr 9, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I have a whole set of charles of the ritz never been touch. perfume lotion and power in a greenish box.

• 16 loretta armstrong // Apr 10, 2011 at 3:55 pm

We made you what you are by buying your products for the past 50 years and now you leave us high and dry with a stinky over scented Jean Nate’ After Bath Splash? You ruined the original. At least let us have an option of buying the older version or the new smelly version. Let me tell you the new stuff can go down the toilet bowl before I go around smelling like that! Gross and way over the edge smell wise!!! YUCK!!

• 17 phyllis griffin // Sep 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm

i am looking for the chas of the ritz special formula emollient. that was the best and there is nothing on the market today that compares. help, if uknow of some compay that sells this item please let me know.

• 18 phyllis griffin // Sep 4, 2011 at 8:30 pm

looking for something that compares with charles of the ritz Special formula emollient. so far, have found nothing. tha nk you

• 19 paula joseph // Oct 1, 2011 at 4:42 pm

please bring it back i need it. I live in New Orleans La. And please put it in Macy’s and Dilliard’s again.

• 20 Irene Harris // Oct 8, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I thought that I was the only woman in the world who was heartbroken when my favourite perfume by Charles of the Ritz (RITZ) was discontinued, it is a comfort to know there are other ladies out there who, like myself, pray that they launch these beautiful fragrances and products back into our stores in England again.

• 21 JOYCE OLIVER // Nov 2, 2011 at 6:49 am

Well, this article was first published on April 2009.
    So it is obvious that Revlon has no intention or means of reviving the RITZ wonderous product.
    Wake up Revlon – why not read the above
    responses and act upon them.

• 22 MARIA // Nov 12, 2011 at 12:10 am

I use revenesscense for more than 20 years. I bought tha last bottle in Ebay 3 years ago. still loking for something similar like that one but nothing works.. REVLON WHY DID YOU DISSAPEARED my cream??????

• 23 Richard Lacey // Dec 10, 2011 at 10:21 am

Revenessence seekers!

Sherry Lane (NYC) re-created Revenessence because her mom and other ladies of a certain age also lamented the loss of their favorite moisturizing cream. You can buy it through her website, listed above: http://www.sherrylanecosmetics.com.

• 24 Richard Lacey // Dec 10, 2011 at 10:24 am

P.S. about Sherry Lane: She was marketing her product as RitzEssence, but the Paris Ritz hotel enlisted its attorneys to demand she not use the name Ritz or other trademarks, even though Revlon discontinued Revenessence. Her customers raved over Revenessence and are pleased to see its reincarnation at Sherry Lane Cosmetics. If you’re looking for a wonderful Christmas present, try her website!

• 25 Dallas Colwell // Jan 4, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I have recently acquired a slate plaque, 24″x16″x1″
    which reads:-
    THE CHARLES OF THE RITZ
    WORLDWIDE PRODUCTION FACILITY
    WAS OPENED ON 4 DECEMBER 1986 BY
    HER ROYAL HIGHNESS THE PRINCESS ANNE
    MRS MARK PHILLIPS, G.C.V.O.

Would anyone be interested in having this.

• 26 Anne Maddever // Jan 27, 2012 at 10:44 am

I am trying to find

Charles of Ritz Revenescence Powderglow

Loose Powder Col: Translucent II, started using

it 35 years ago, when working in a fashion shop

where we were also stockist for C.O.Ritz make up

&perfume. Have purchased it from JC Penney in

USA, and mail order from Beauty Rose USA,but

no longer available……. Have tried several other

French makes, but none come close to colour.!

Can anyone help please ? Anne Cornwall U.K.

• 27 Tamara // Feb 3, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Hello!
    I am wondering if any of you fine readers happen to know if there are any still-existing high-end compat manufacturers out there? I know Charles of the Ritz used to make them…any leads appreciated!

• 28 kathleen latham // Mar 3, 2012 at 11:04 am

im trying to find charles of the ritz disaster cream it was so good for break outs thanks please bring it back loved all there cosmetics

• 29 Roxi // Mar 18, 2012 at 6:31 am

Interested in more information about slate plaque. I was given a bottle of Ritz highlighter or cover cream as a very young woman. Itwas fabulous! I saved the bottle for many years; but, unfortunately, it is gone. I tried several couters

• 30 Roxi // Mar 18, 2012 at 6:35 am

Used highlighter that could never find again. Beautiful bottle with the best product I ever used. Even Ritz counters in various Dept stores didn’t know What I was talking about. Anyone ever usethis? Know of it? Heard of it? The bottle said Charles of the Ritz.
    Also, would like more info on the slate plaque.

• 31 Penni Lynn // Apr 21, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I loved RITZ ! It smelled like cinnamon and came in a pretty silver can. I would buy it agin in a heart beat.

• 32 Robin // Apr 23, 2012 at 1:41 am

You can find Charles of the Ritz Revenescence products (liquid and Creme de Revenesence)
    in a replicated formula on eBay. It’s called REJUVENESSENCE, and comes in black and silver packaging, like the original. Put:

Charles of theRitzRevenessence/Rejuvenessence in the eBay search box It’s great! I bought some for my mom and she is thrilled and bought more.

They also offer scented body lotion and scented Body Butter in Charles of the Ritz “Original” scent.

• 33 June // May 5, 2012 at 9:52 am

I too loved the earlier Charles of the Ritz in the Silver checkered can and would buy it again in a heart beat. Notice there are the occasional items on e bay and a few other sites selling for $200 and up. Surely that would be an indication to perfumers that this would be an excellant choice to re introduce.

• 34 Barbara // Sep 19, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I loved Charles of the Ritz mascara. It has been many years since Ive used it. I can not find it anywhere. It is the best mascara I have ever used. If you could advise me I live in the Buffalo area. Thank you

• 35 Kathy Mitchell // Nov 10, 2012 at 11:18 pm

I worked for Ritz as a national beauty consultant in the early 70’s. Revenescence was also used at the Mayo Clinic on burn victims. Wonder if Revlon continued to sale the product to them.

• 36 Jilli Nixon // Nov 17, 2012 at 1:46 am

Hi All,
    I will be listing a tub of vintage Charles of the Ritz Revenescence Powderglow Translucent ll on eBay later this evening at approx 8pm 17.11 12 .
    It has been used only a couple of times in the past but almost full. Complete with original puff, sieve and powder cover.
    Regards.

• 37 Garland Pollard // Nov 17, 2012 at 6:09 am

thanks for taking time to mention it! it

• 38 Judie Carpenter // Jan 8, 2013 at 2:06 am

I, too, am looking for Charles of the Ritz Special Formula Emolient. I have very dry skin and it was the only thing that made a difference. Do you suppose we could petition Revlon to bring back the line? It was fabulous stuff!

• 39 Marilyn hickey // Mar 4, 2013 at 9:09 am

I used Charles of the Ritz from my mid twenties until Penneys stopped carrying it. My face was still breaking out when i first started using it. It cleared up in less than a month. Nothing can beat Ritz. It was so pure. My face felt wonderful. People noticed how good I looked. My mother started using it. PLEASE. bring the original formulas back!

• 40 Teresa // Mar 19, 2013 at 10:27 am

I have known of Revenescence by Charles of the Ritz since I was 5 years old. I am now 55. I used to have to help put my mother’s makeup on at that age because she was paralyzed from an auto accident. Aside from that ridiculous sounding notion, I was mesmerized by her vanity that had pretty glass powder holders, various lipsticks, Revlon rouge in a bottle & that “special” black glass bottle of Revenescence by Charles of the Ritz. I didn’t care for the “weird” smell back then, but it was a must for my mother. She told me one day that it was a “miracle in a bottle”. I conjured up Genies & wild imaginings for some odd smelling liquid that was almost magical!
    Forward 15 years. I began to use this very same moisturizer because it really did make my skin even more supple at 20 (whose isn’t?) I had grown fond of the scent (not smelly to me now) & have used it to this day 2013 at night. I heard from a Penny’s employee that they might be discontinued & panicked. I bought as much as I could afford & refrigerated it. After they ran out for good I went on eBay & bought more! The prices got to be outrageous, but I didn’t care. I am down to my last bit now sadly & my skin REALLY needs it. I look much younger than my years…maybe mom was right, it was a miracle in a bottle? I have no earthly idea why such a wonderful product would be discontinued unless it had something toxic in it? Would someone PLEASE give me an answer? Is it possible to resurrect this wonderful product? Of course it is! Please do so!!!

• 41 Cyndy // Jun 9, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Charles of the Ritz was my signature fragrance – until I too sadly could not find it anywhere from the midwest to the south. I have many a small spritz of it in one of my many original cannisters – Happy to see so many others loved & missed the scent! Revlon must not hear our cries for it’s return!

• 42 Ellen Johnson // Jun 15, 2013 at 7:56 am

My aunt worked for Battlesteins in Houston, TX for maybe 35 yrs. She was a Charles of the Ritz powder blender, trained in New York. I have her powder blending station and numerous bags of powder. I would like to sell it. I still have a bit of my powder that she would blend for me. Not sure what will happen when it is gone.

• 43 Lisa // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:05 am

@ Cyndy; Ellen Johnson there is a site called Scentmatchers that would love to have the sent to recreate for you.Please email me if you have them process it for you. Thanks!
    Scentmatchers LLC
    RMA: 647816
    P.O. Box 1550
    Gaylord, MI 49734
    e.

• 44 LIZ // Jul 27, 2014 at 12:53 pm

I USE TO WEAR CHARLES OF RIZ BODY SPRAY IN THE BURGUNDY CANISTER. I SAW IT ON EBAY FOR 200.00 OR MORE DOLLARS. I WANT IT SO BAD BUT I CANT PAY THAT . I KNOW FOR FACT WHEN I USE TO WEAR IT I THINK I GOT IT FOR JC PENNY I WISH IT WILL COME BACK TO OTHER DEPARTMENT STORIES BUT IT WANT COST THAT MUCH.

• 45 Jeannie // Sep 10, 2014 at 10:55 am

Has anyone tried the Sherry Lane duplicate for Liquid Revenescence? Does anyone have a list of the ingredients in the original. I have an empty bottle, but the ingredients were listed on the box not the bottle. Thanks

• 46 Kitty C. // Oct 28, 2014 at 10:12 pm

I sold Charles Of The Ritz products in Abraham & Straus Deptment Stores (now Macys) in N.Y. before Revlon bought the brand. Revenescence was an amazing cult product that delivered. After a 25+ year career in the cosmetics industry in Training, Marketing and Product Development for Borghese, Arden and Lauder; I can honestly say there was nothing else close to Revenescence. Revlon’s Eterna 27 is probably the most results oriented 2nd but is definitely for dry skin. According to the US Patent Office in DC the Ritz Hotel chain has bought the rights to the “Charles of the Ritz” trademark and name. Let’s all hope a comeback is in the works. Until then Eterna 27 (Walgreens) or Borghese’s Cura di Vita are worth trying.

• 47 paula // Dec 10, 2014 at 8:50 am

Trying to source a very similar fragrance or someone that could re-create “Ritz” in the silver and burgundy metal canister by Charles of the Ritz. Loved it, was very special.

• 48 Lucy // Feb 25, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Has anyone contacted revelon marketing to ask why this was discontinued

• 49 Lucy // Feb 25, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Charles of the Ritz had a eye stick it was FAB! I’m from South Africa and.the results of Ritz were amazing. We also had Helena Rubenstine which is a another good product. But sadly not in our country anymore. Anybody have ingredients.

• 50 Trixie // Mar 23, 2015 at 2:35 pm

I wore Charles of the Ritz foundation for many years. I bought it at high end department stores and at JCP until they quit carrying it. It was beautiful, and I’ve never found anything to replicate it. I also used the loose powder. I loved RITZ perfume, too. Sure wish they still made this stuff.

• 51 Wendy // May 5, 2015 at 6:05 pm

My Mom and Grandma used Revenescence and the custom blend powder. I would give anything to be able to but the moisturizer as they both had beautiful skin. It’s sad when a company does away with a high quality product.
    Any suggestions as to how to get some?

• 52 Elaine // May 6, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Must correct your story: the lady who worked the Charles of the Ritz counter, and mixed powder for customers worked at the Miller & Rhoads downtown store until it closed in 1989; her name was Louise Orr; I have never seen skin like hers, it was better than mine (I was 23 at the time) and she was in her 80’s! CR sent her all the remaining ingredients from around the company and she mixed custom powder until the end. I still have the container she mixed for me!

• 53 Jeannine // May 7, 2015 at 5:50 pm

I have just a tiny bit of Revenescence Liquid by Charles of the Ritz left in the orig bottle. I only use very occasionally if my face is crying out for it. I checked ebay, but no orig available. I would really love to get some more.

• 54 Garland Pollard // May 11, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Elaine.. I think the lady at Willow Lawn had worked downtown until Miller & Rhoads closed, and then she did not want to retire and so worked at that Leggett or Hess store added in the 1980s that was at the south end of Willow Lawn.

• 55 Donna // Jul 6, 2015 at 8:59 pm

I miss Ritz by Charles of the Ritz!!! A lot of people don’t realize there is a difference between the Silver canister (my fav) which is the Ritz & the Red canister. This was the first perfume I ever bought. I worked in a Mall in the 1970’s & I was so proud when people complimented my perfume. It is STILL my favorite perfume, I just can’t afford to buy the vintage at $375.00 a bottle. BRING BACK MY RITZ!

• 56 Patti hardy // Jul 17, 2015 at 8:27 am

My aunt from Nashville Tenn. sent me a jar of Charles of the Ritz face cream. It came in a small black jar. I loved it!! I live in Ontario Canada. Any stores in the states carry this product?? I will drive as far as Florida for it!

• 57 Runway Archaeology // Jul 26, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Hi ladies! I just purchased one 2 oz bottle of liquid revenescence. Brand spankin new, old stock, never opened 🙂 please email me at RunwayArchaeology@gmail.com if interested in purchasing. I’m taking the best offer.

Thank you!

• 58 Chelsie Hart // Jul 27, 2015 at 7:29 pm

Hello,
    I have a 2 oz. unopened, vintage bottle of Charles of the Ritz Liquid Revenescence that I am trying to date. I know it was made sometime between 1964-1986. It’s Made in the USA by Lanvin-Charles of the Ritz, Inc. and has the old label and a leaf covered box. Can anyone assist me with dating it?

Thank you!

• 59 Nessa Flax // Aug 1, 2015 at 2:18 pm

I’m fascinated by how many women feel so strongly about Charles of the Ritz. My mother used the powder and reading all the comments made me feel strangely close to all of you. I did an internet search & found an entire page of CoftheR products. Don’t know where/how they’re still around, but here’s the URL link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dbeauty&field-keywords=Charles+of+the+ritz

• 60 Chromeheart // Aug 25, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Hi. I used to freelance for Charles of the Ritz back in the mid-to-late 1980s. I remember reading that Charles of the Ritz bought YSL and brought everything under the YSL brand. Is this not true?
    P.S. I loved working with the C of the R product.

• 61 Lynn Ann Castrigno // Aug 31, 2015 at 1:31 am

My late Aunt, Marie Castrigno, worked for Charles of the Ritz in NYC for 40 years. She began as a secretary and was quickly promoted through the ranks and eventually was part of the National Sales Management team. I used every line of fragrance, skin care and and cosmetic from COTR all those years (family discount) and loved them all, including Lanvin and YSL. Also, this was an extraordinary company. Very progressive, fantastic products, promoted women. A wonderful group of people. My frequent visits to the magical offices in New York from a young age left me enchanted for life. For those that write of their love of these products, I can tell you they were sold to the public by a very special group of people that did their work with pride and joy. They had a great product and great customers.

• 62 Linda Toliusis // Aug 31, 2015 at 6:35 am

There is currently one bottle of the original Revenescence formula on Ebay! For anyone wanting to spend $200 on skin care 🙂

• 63 Neva Jean Johnson // Aug 31, 2015 at 8:37 am

My Grandmother used Charles of the Ritz makeup and I can remember the fragrance (when I would hug her). Oh my! I’d love to smell that wonderful smell again. I’ll check out the YSL and Lanvin counters next time.

• 64 KATHY BOWEN // Sep 11, 2015 at 12:15 pm

I used Ritz Classic perfume (in the silver can) and loved it. Why can’t someone produce this again??? My sister used Jean Nate and they had a whole line of different products for the bath and cologne sprays. They only make the splash now and it’s not the same. I would love to find the Ritz perfume again. If someone can help, please let me know.

• 65 Terry Edwards // Dec 17, 2015 at 12:19 am

I am 62 I started using Charles of the Ritz original when I was 16. Oh my god I miss it so much. I have an empty bottle that I smell everytime I want to feel special. There is no fragrance like it . I hope and pray that someone hear our cry , Please help!

• 66 Moira Leigh // Jan 26, 2016 at 3:44 am

I was hired as a traveling Representing for Charles of the Ritz in 1965. I traveled throughout the US for 5 years. It was a wonderful time to work in beautiful stores meeting women like all of you who enjoyed the specially blended power and Revenessence. I haven’t tried the reproduction products. It is nice to know you all remember Charles of the Ritz. MOIRA

• 67 Sue // Feb 22, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Where oh where, is lovely perfume, Charles of the Ritz, “CR”? It was in a metal cylindrical container. . .it was a heavenly scented perfume. Where can I find this? I received so many compliments when I wore this fragrance. Sighs!

• 68 Martha // Mar 20, 2016 at 12:39 am

Nothing has ever smelled so sexy as CHARLES OF THE RITZ RED CANISTER or the SILVER ONE
    I don’t Beg for anything but this would be my exception
    Please someone here us Bring back the whole product line we’ll make you RICH!

• 69 Martha // Mar 20, 2016 at 12:49 am

Ladies I think we need to try an appeal to REVLON after all they are the reason we lost our Products basically they were not good for the image let’s start E-Mailing the company I will post the address soon

I believe if they see our commitment this may renew their interest in the line!

• 70 Paula // Mar 21, 2016 at 9:27 pm

I was just given a bottle that I am guessing was made in 1941,the scent is called Spring Rain,there is a tiny amount in the bottom,for being so old it still smells nice,I thought the bottle was cute,really neat to find all of the history on this little bottle!

• 71 Laurie // Jun 18, 2016 at 11:34 am

Hello, does anyone know where I can find Charles of the Ritz eyeshadow from the 1980’s- early 90’s? It was several colors mixed together in one pan, such as pink & blue and bronze and gold colors. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

• 72 Irene Milligan // Jul 5, 2016 at 9:58 am

Please please bring back charles of the ritz silver can perfume it was my favourite .can anyone help me to find it

• 73 Susan Longridge // Jul 14, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Does anyone know if there is anything comparable to Charles of the Ritz Disaster Cream? It was the best and I haven’t found anything even close. Please let me know if there is something that covers and works on a blemish as well as Disaster Cream.

• 74 Carol Miller // Aug 30, 2016 at 12:33 pm

I have a bottle of Revenesence liquid that my mother-in-law used, and she died 10 years ago. The liquid is still just as fresh as ever, and I hoarded it for a long time before beginning to use it again. There is only about a fourth of a teaspoon left, and I just saw somebody online has a bottle to sell for $475.00. Is the Rejuvenessence really the same formula? This stuff is magic. It never gets old. It is the only thing my mother in law used, and she had fabulous skin. Died at 98.
    To the one who was interested in Spring Rain: it may be a different one, but there was one that was made by Crabtree and Evelyn, and it is not being made anymore. It was my daughter’s favorite 🙁 The next best I can find is Summer Hill.

• 75 Teri Miller // Sep 10, 2016 at 11:40 am

I have false eyelashes from early to mid 1900s, still in round cases. Have no idea if they are worth anything. Curious. Charles of the Ritz 550-2 Dew/Brown

• 76 bonnie miner // Sep 10, 2016 at 2:30 pm

I’m desperate for Charles of the Ritz Perfect Finish solid finish foundation Toast of the Town shade. Can you help me?

• 77 Sharon Tullock // Sep 28, 2016 at 5:15 pm

I am desperately lookin for CHARLES OF THE RITZ IN MAROON CANNISTER TYPE BOTTLE .please help to locate

• 78 Deb // Sep 29, 2016 at 11:18 am

I first wore Ritz Classic perfume when I was 15 (back in 1978. Wore it all the time from then until it was discontinued. The last bottle I have still has a few drops in it and I take a whiff and it brings me back to when I was a teenager. I did try Scent Matchers and they ended up sending me a duplicate of the Original Ritz (red can)…not Ritz Classic (silver). Two very different scents. I miss my Ritz Classic!!!!!

• 79 Dominic Camilleri // Nov 1, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Dear charles of the Ritz cosmetics

love the moisture glow revenessence

range

the 1970 type

the glowing red one

and the range herd in the news

it is still around

and is to say

release issima aquaserum long term rehyrator

charles of the Ritz company

saw it on an old movie die sister die

as intense serum.

In a plastic beauty case

they are brown

from 1978

Also go on ebay revenessence charles of the Ritz

Night product they sell so many

hope you open them to public again

like said in the news world wide

hope you open in Australia sydney

say in myer or david Jones

moisture glow

hope you put in a email

today

• 80 Ellen Johnson // Nov 16, 2016 at 10:25 pm

my aunt worked at Battlesteins in Houston Texas. My understanding was that she was employed by Charles of the Ritz. She mixed powders and I inherited her powder bar when she died. I even have some if the powders. I would like to find someone who would appreciate it as I am getting rid of many of my things at this time.

• 81 John Tew // Dec 18, 2016 at 11:38 am

I am in possession of a beautiful 14k gold monogram pin that was presented to my Mother In Law. Her name, Charles of the Ritz and 1934 to 1959 are engraved on the back. This lovely pin speaks volumes as to the high regard COR felt for their sales ladies.

• 82 Anita T. Monroe // Feb 17, 2017 at 8:02 pm

When I was still young, I cared about skin care. I bought Charles of the Ritz from Miller & Rhoads in Richmond..They had a double skin care for night, one was moisturizing and the other was a cream for dry areas. They also had a cream for people with Rosacea..It was light green and ti covered excess redness..I loved those cosmetics and wish they were still available.. I remember the lady who mixed powder too….

• 83 Carmen Langston // Feb 20, 2017 at 1:35 am

I am looking for that Charles of the Ritz compact that went on like the best foundation in the world ! Used to buy it for $25 in the eighties at a Millers or JCP?

• 84 Mr dominic paul camilleri // Apr 26, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Dear staff

Love charles of the ritz cosmetics perfumes

So many old products still for sales on ebay

Like ritual

Hope you let all the old products back on the market 2017 as heard and perfume

• 85 Mr dominic paul camilleri // May 4, 2017 at 10:43 am

Dear staff

When will 2017 Launch be for charles of the ritz

Buy old type on ebay overseas

Say ritual

Cleansing creme dry skin

Hope you set up a web sit on google and

Also buying site

• 86 Stella boyer // May 30, 2017 at 5:07 am

This message is for Ellen Johnson (comment #42 above). I know it’s a long shot, but if you or anyone else reads this, I am desperately trying to find the press and any other tools used to make the Charles pressed powders. Please contact me!

• 87 Mary Steiger // Aug 21, 2017 at 2:47 pm

I still have an old container from Charles of the Ritz for a fragrance I used for many years. It was called Double Perfume. And it was unforgettable. If anyone knows of anything even similar I would be ever grateful.

• 88 Angela // Oct 9, 2017 at 6:54 pm

I’ve been trying to find a Charles of the Ritz powder that came in a black plastic container with a silver top. I think it was translucent. It had a pearly sheen to it. Was really great. Does anyone know where I could find it? Thanks!

• 89 Frances washburn // Nov 18, 2017 at 12:59 am

I wore Charles of the Ritz in college and for several years afterward. I just loved that perfume. Is there anyway it may be brought back or maybe somewhere I can purchase it ?